10 Things We Don't Know About You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm... difficult...

1. I´m 174cm talls, have no idea how much that is in fts and ins....
2. I consider bacteria to be with a great potential, good and bad.
3. I loves Whales.. would like to do Whale watching again, or even swim with them..
4.My most love animal was my horse, Calypso. I sold him seven years ago.. :cry:
5. As a teenager I wanted to marry a soldier.. *lol*
6. I love the baltic Sea and Great Britain. Could imagine to live at one of these places some times.
7. I´m a lazy person
8. We have two classic mercedes, one from 1965 and one from 1968
9. I would like to have a third one, but this special one is too expensive
10. I love farming and traktors and combines etc. :)

You ask for it !
Maidrite is
1- 6' 1 1/2"
2- I was 537 pounds and now am a skinny 504 and melting as we speak ! :ohmy: :-p
3- I am much faster than you might think . :-p
4- Some People think I look Younger than I really am which is 45 years old, also have been told I sound Young too. ask Alix :huh:
5- I would love to write a Book or two, but First I must have some wits about me. :wacko:
6- I am the Youngest of 5 children in my Family.
7- I like Sierra Cook, also like old Prop Planes. Mine is the P-51 Mustang. They are fun to watch race. I Like all kinds of Hobbies, High Tec, I just love to Learn !
8- I am very passive and have a great deal of patience, But If you hurt someone I Love Run, and Run fast. :furious:
9- When I say I care, its not Lip service, I mean it ! :cool:
10- I Love spending time with people, If Everyone around me is having a good time, so am I. :chef:

Last edited:
hmmmmm....
1. Obviously, I am a proctastinator... (i saw this thread last night and chose to walk away swiftly- ha)
2. I am 5'2, 125 lbs, green eyes, reddish brown hair
3. I married my high school sweetheart, first man I ever dated
4. I divorced my high school sweetheart of 9 years (ouch)
5. I had a drug-free childbirth with a midwife
6. ????? ummm, my exercise of choice is kickboxing, then boxing
7. hmmmm...
8. uncle? I give in....
8. (cont) ok ok.. I was all-american cheerleader/dance in 1993 Kansas State University
9. I wanted to be a masseuse- maybe still do, but have to feel a "connection" with people, so a little too personal and attached for a profession
10. never finished college, couldn't decide a major- interested in EVERYTHING!

WHEEW!

Last edited:
10 things....

1. I'm 5'5", the tallest person in my family. My dad was 5'3". My big sister is 4'11".
2. I lived in Japan for 3 yrs back in '78. Oldest daughter, Sara, was born there. She left for Japan last March for a 1 yr contract to teach English to get to know the country she was born in. She is loving it. I miss her.
3. I have 3 kids, Oldest is Sara, 27, Denver, 24, and Charlotte, 22. Charlotte is moving from Savannah, GA to live with me again, temporarily. eeeks.
4. I have 4 dogs, Lucy, Marcy, Frenchie, and Bailey. Bailey is my new addition, followed me home 2 months ago. They are all Chihuahuas, all rescues but Bailey. My tortoise shell kitty hates each and every one of them.
5. My first car was a '65 Corvair convertible that my dad and I restored. It was beautiful. Now that he's gone, I treasure those memories of us working together on that car.
6. I'm allergic to bandaid adhesive, stitches, and grass.
7. I was a librarian for 8 yrs in a private school. I"m now a mortgage underwriter.
8. I LOVE to sew as much as I love to cook.
9. I watch sports incessantly. I listen exclusively to sports talk radio.
10. I collect Fire King dishes, percolators with glass tops, and vintage sewing notions.

1. I’m 5’ 2” and “gulp” 205 pounds (down from 220).
2. At age one month, I was given one hour to live.
3. I made up my own alphabet in junior high, which my friend and I used to write notes to each other—we could write and read it almost as fast as regular writing (I still use it to write notes to myself—no one I know has ever figured it out).
4. I love to sew and wouldn’t allow anyone to give my daughter dresses as she was growing up! lol
5. My best friend is the same age as my daughter (26).
6. I love teeny-bopper movies and shows (as well as more adult fare!).
7. I have always had a secret desire to act but have so far only done church plays.
8. I love history, especially anything American and Australian, but pretty much any history.
9. I have always wanted to go on a cruise.
10. For several years young people have come to me online for advice (I have developed very good relationships with some of them—a girl I met when she was 14 just turned 18, and we are very good friends—A heartsick 21 year old guy in Morocco, whose girlfriend had just died, started asking for advice, and now his younger brother comes to me for advice and calls me mom). I love getting to know people and helping them out. A year ago, many of us at church took an evaluation to find out what our spiritual gifts are—my top one is wisdom.

Wow, this was fun. It is kind of nice to kind of dig deeper into myself than I usually do on here (my life is an open book, so the main thing was to get me to limit this to 10!).
Oh, I have to add one more, so make this number 10 1/2! I tried out for Jeopardy once, which was a lot of fun. They say most of the players try out 5 times. I would love to try again!
:) Barbara

Ok, here's my list

10) I'm 5' 7"
9) One of my eyes is blue, the other is half blue and half green.
8) I started school in Japan. Many of my classmates were Japanese. I remember talking with and to all my classmates. I do not remember what language I was speaking.
7) I have three children, twin boys almost 3 y.o., and a daughter who is 16 mo.
6) I love history.
5) I've been a coin collector since I was 16.
4) I've been a computer/internet addict since '97.
3) I'm one of those crazy nuts with a metal detector. #'s 6 - 4 tie in with this.
2) I can sew both by hand and machine.
1) Not only can I sew, but I can do a couple different kinds of Native American Beadwork.

1- I am a coal miners daughter from a tiny Colorado town.
2- My grandfather was one of Teddy Roosevelt's Rough riders.
3- I met my DH when I was 16 at Skateland in San Diego Ca.
4- We have two sons and two grandsons.
5- I have a beautiful Chihuahua named Dove who is 8 1/2 years old.
6-I love all animals and have had 35 dogs in my lifetime.
7-I am 5' 4 3/4" tall
8- I was born with a blond forelock and the rest was brunette.
9- I am diabetic and love chocolate...
10- I love to talk to all my friends here on DC.

I think most of you know all of this by now ..repeating myself..

2-

1. I am 5ft 5
2.I was born in a little town which had about 5 main streets(my husband still laughs about it saying it must be really confusing for me in cities!)
3. I love poetry, reading and writing
4. I have two professions,(not counting motherhood!)one in the fashion industry and the other in the hotel industry.
5. I worked in Japan for a year.
6. I love dancing, and more dancing
7.My husband is Irish
8.I am working part-time in one of my professions
9. I hated cooking as a teen, only got to like it when I had to cook for friends in my flat.
10.I speak English, Swahili, Luo, French, Japanese

1. I'm 5'8", 120 lbs, Chinese, born and lived in CA for my whole life.
2. I've been to all 50 states, parts of Mexico and Canada, China, Hong Kong, Thailand. I used to travel a lot, but I haven't taken a vacation in at least 3 years - I've been too busy :(
3. I am the queen of clean. I love cleaning and organizing. I pretty much have OCD and I'm germaphobic. I'm also afraid of heights, but I'm ok if I'm strapped down to something (like when I'm on a roller coaster).
4. I can understand cantonese, but will only speak it when ordering food or if my life depended on it.
5. I love cars and basically anything with a motor. I love playing with them, driving them, and sometimes just touching them. I just got my motorcycle license :winkiss:
6. I am basically "one of the guys" among my friends; although to people that just meet me, I appear to be a girlie girl.
7. I am really quiet when I want to be. I'm soft spoken and I don't like to repeat myself, so I'll talk when I have something to say. Although a lot of the things I say are pretty sarcastic, and some people would rather have me stay quiet than talk :LOL: I get annoyed really easily also.
8. I am one of the shorter ones of the family, so when people say I'm tall, I don't see it. I don't think of myself as tall, but as normal height. I didn't grow until my sophomore year of high school, I was a little less than 5' then, and then grew another inch or so in college.
9. I LOVE shopping but I can't shop with people, especially people who take too long shopping. When I shop, I get in, if I like something, I get it and go. My record is 4 malls in 2 hours (the malls were about 30 miles apart). When I shop, I'm like a girl on a mission; don't get in my way :-p
10. I love designer clothes. I will spend $200 on a jacket, jeans, or a handbag that fits me perfectly and looks great on me. But when it comes to everyday items, I'm frugal. Surprisingly I'm not a shoe person, I can't spend over $100 on shoes because I wouldn't wear it in fear that I'll get it dirty and because I usually just pick the shoes that are closest to the door. I am a handbag person; I have a huge collection of Kate Spade handbags. Even though I spend a lot on clothes, I have a plain jane type of style. Kind of like how Lorelai on the Gilmore Girls dresses.

1. i am 6 feet, about 225 pounds.
2. i have blue eyes that color shift to aqua in certain light, like if i wear a green shirt.
3. i have always had pets (currently 5 cats and 2 parrots), and wanted to be a veterinarian when i was young.
4. the other job i'd always wanted when i was young was being a park ranger, or something like what sierra cook does.
5. i almost never feel cold.
6. i have a very good memory, especially for numbers. for instance, i know all of my credit card numbers, bank accounts, and drivers license number.
7. i can tell you what day of the week it was if you give me a date in history. (a great bar room trick).
8. i can talk my way in or out of, or spin almost anything. everyone says i should have been a lawyer or politician. it makes my wife crazy.
9. i can't wait to teach my son everything i know.
10. i don't believe that god is a seperate being, but the sum of all of our life forces put together. when we're born, it's like a precipitation of a mixture of life forces. when we die, we go back into the mix. (that's why some people remember previous lives. also the reason to be good to each other. all of us are equal in all ways, and eventually become one with each other again).

1. I'm 5'6" 145 lbs, blonde with grey/green eyes
2. My whole family is from "somewhere else" - parents born in South Africa, sister born in Zambia, me in northern Manitoba (Thompson) Canada - grew up in Canada and all over the USA (as a kid we always seemed to have an apartment in Michigan) and South Africa (13 schools!). At one point we all had different passports - my dad became a US citizen in '76, mom stayed South African, my sister had Zambian citizenship, and I've held on to my Canadian passport. So I guess I love hearth home and family more than anything else, just want to put down roots and stay put. I hate moving.
3. My husband, Neil (born in Zimbabwe) and I have three - no four daughters, Jessica (17), Roseanne (19) & Caroline (21) all born in South Africa. Shelby (5) our golden retreiver was born in New Jersey.
4. I love to sing, and used to sing in a dance band in South Africa (The Tomboys) and before that in a no name band in a slightly sleazy bar called the Rose & Shamrock (but we packed the place out on Fridays and Saturday nights!). Now I sing in a not so good, but very well intentioned Episcopal church choir.
5. For more than 20 years I've worked on/with computers - as a programmer, an analyst, systems analyst, writer of technical documents, you name it. When I started, we used punch cards. Now I'm mainly a "developer" using (Oracle PL/SQL / Unix & all that) and other bits and pieces. In truth I'm just a general dogsbody, grateful to be working! Decided that I don't actually really like electronic gadgets after all.
6. I'm slowly building up my knowledge of wines.
7. I love to cook, but that wasn't always so. I once tried to feed 15 people for New Year's day - main dish being a 3 lb chicken. Was mad at my mom for pointing out that it probably wouldn't be enough.
8. Cape Town is my favourite city in the whole world, next after that, New York.
9. Probably due to all those years of moving, I read a lot - it saved me from being really lonely as a kid. If there's nothing around & I'm desperate I'll even read labels, wrappers.
10. I chew pencils.

1. I'm 5' 5" if I remember not to slouch.
2. Am a 2nd-generation Chinese, born and raised in the Philippines
3. Grew up tri-lingual: English, Tagalog, Chinese. My French is intermediate. And am now learning Thai.
4. I only started cooking and baking three years ago after taking up a 6- month crash course for chefs. Never touched the oven before then.
5. I've seen the Godfather 20 times.
6. I'm a Francophile -- love everything French (history, language, food). I spent a month of immersion in France. I'll be back for longer.
7. I've literally touched a cloud and seen a rainbow in full circle. My husband is a sport pilot and flies a Cessna. I was his first passenger. People said I was very brave but I assured them it wasn't that:)
8. I've travelled to most of Asia. Been a frequent visitor to North America.
9. I still harbor my childhood secret desire to be a lounge singer.
10. My most unforgettable meal was dinner with DH at Taillevant (the famous 3-star Michelin rated restaurant in Paris). The food and the service were absolute perfection. To think that we went in with very high expectations. (The prices were out of this world too! But it's definitely worth doing at least once in your life.)

1. I just regained the ability to talk in a normal voice recently after having a paralyzed vocal chord for over 6 months (since March 10th).
2. I work for the Department of Energy.
3. I am 100% of Transylvanian descent.
4. I have a quirk about pictures being straight and level - I have several levels that I use to assure this.
5. My little Min Pin, Grommit, is the first dog I ever owned.
6. I love to go to the opera.
7. I'm a pretty decent pool player.
8. I love old comedians, particularly the Marx Brothers.
9. I have no sisters.
10. I came very close to dying of septic shock in February 2005.

BC

1. My beloved only child died on March 12, 2004. He was only 23 years old. Shane fell from a balcony at his apartment complex & hit his head. He was found the next morning.
2. My most prized possession is a handbeaded necklace that my 16 year old cousin gave me. There are letter blocks that spell out "Shane's Mom" surrounded by blue beads.
3. Cooking is my passion. Shane & I shared the passion. It's what I do when I am not working or sleeping. I love to feed people more than anything else.
4. I am between 5'8" & 5'9". My husband (Seth) is between 6'9' & 6'10"
5. I am 48. Seth is 33. This is my 3rd & final marriage. We married in 1997.
6. I am "retiring" from breeding & showing Birman cats. Besides our cats, we have 4 large parrots.
7. I have a huge collection of cookbooks - between 300 & 400 is my best guess.
8. I was born & raised in the heart of Lancaster County, PA. I have lived in CT for the past 9 years & I hate New England. I came up here for Seth.
9. For my last meal, I would ask for a white pizza with tomatoes from Olympic Pizza in Norwich, CT. & medium hot wings from Hooters, with celery & blue cheese.
10. Besides cooking I love to read fiction & take naps! I prefer mysteries & comedic mysteries are my very favorite. Janet Evanovich is a favorite author of mine.

Grace: 1. I love to read
2.I play the piano
3.I am 5"7' (and about 100 lbs)
4.I have 5 cousins
5.I am in 4-H
6.My favorite food is pizza
7.My favorite holiday is Passover
8.I have red hair
9.I like to put my hair in pigtail braids
10.And I am NOT hygiene, make-up or boy-crazy (as opposed to the other girls at 4-H camp).

Grace

Last edited:
1. I am taller than Jeff Gordon
2. I am a brunette
3. I am not make-up crazy, boyfriend-crazy or hygiene-crazy (I am getting bad! It has been a week since I showered)
4. I like to write, read and talk
5. I hate math
6. I like spinach, squash and zucchini
7. We have 2 cats and 8 fish
8. I have 5 penpals
9. I play the recorder, and piano.
10. I like cars!

Cameron

1. I'm taller than Jeff Gordon, and I don't like him.
2. I do like Carl Edwards. And all of the Roush Racing teams. :D
3. I take care of 30+ Rabbits for some friends occasionally.
4. I like to ride bicycles.
5. I'm taking a Physics class with a friend of mine. The math is not hard, it's hard remembering which equation goes where:wacko: .
6. I can pretty much dance the sweet moves out of 'Napoleon Dynamite'. :cool:
7. Even though I'm 17 years young, I don't have a driver's license yet.:(
8. I like to read Tom Clancy.
9. My favorite Movies are: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and The Hunt For Red October.
10. I love cars. Especially the Mclaren F1, Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, and the Ford GT. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom