A question about Pillsbury Grands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
Has anyone seen Pillsbury Grands or Crescents rolls sold in any thing other them 8 rolls packages? I have come across quite a few recipes lately that call for 10 roll packages. I have seen 5 roll packs once in a while but no 10 roll packages.

How old are the recipes that call for 10-roll quantities? If they are older recipes, they might be referring to older packaging.

Food producers have, in effect, increased their prices of their goods by packaging fewer items per package. For example, bacon is often now found in 12-oz. packages in lieu of 1-pound ones. The common 16-oz. can of fruits or vegetables are 14 1/2-oz.

The shelf prices remain the same but the consumer gets a smaller amount of the item. Most of the containers remain the same or about the same size so we don't realize the difference in price. That's why I shop "per unit" to determine the real cost of what I'm purchasing.

Okay, long answer to your question, but I haven't noticed what quantities the Grands or Crescent rolls are currently. However, someone should come along with an answer for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom