BARGAINS--love 'em!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sears Canada has all their Heritage and Cuisinart enameled cast iron dutch ovens on for 70% off. We picked up a Heritage 7 qt yesterday for $35.99.

I found another one yesterday for $4--this one is mine.

Last week I stumbled across 3 dinner plates and 4 cereal/salad bowls that match my everyday dishes for $0.50 each. Replacements.com has the plates at 45.99 and the bowls at 19.99.

And the week before I stumbled across 4 wineglasses that are my everyday crystal (I don't use the Waterford except for on holidays) for 0.79 each.

For some reason, I've been lucky at the thrift stores lately. Still kicking myself in the butt that I didn't take the #3 cast-iron skillet yesterday and I can't justify the drive back in to the City to see if it is still there.

Rock--Goodwill on Merivale has 50% off day on Jan 31.

I found another one yesterday for $4--this one is mine.

Last week I stumbled across 3 dinner plates and 4 cereal/salad bowls that match my everyday dishes for $0.50 each. Replacements.com has the plates at 45.99 and the bowls at 19.99.

And the week before I stumbled across 4 wineglasses that are my everyday crystal (I don't use the Waterford except for on holidays) for 0.79 each.

For some reason, I've been lucky at the thrift stores lately. Still kicking myself in the butt that I didn't take the #3 cast-iron skillet yesterday and I can't justify the drive back in to the City to see if it is still there.

Rock--Goodwill on Merivale has 50% off day on Jan 31.

So it is safe to say we won't find you home on Jan. 31st. :angel:

I went to an estate auction this morning and snagged a 9-1/2 qt. Le Creuset oval dutch oven. Paid more than I wanted to...a lot less than new. It is HEAVY but I can't wait to use it to make tomato sauce during garden season...

The color is perfect for fall cooking in the great white north!
I love the volcanic. My set of 3 ancient Le C pans (bought in the sale in 1980) are volcanic and I managed to pick up two more in a thrift shop for £4.99. I love the colour - it cheers me up every time I get one out of the cupboard - and they are s-o-o long-lasting and useful.

I remember when my mom bought my set and some extra pieces for me (I picked blue--had they had purple then...). Anyway, she told me I should pick a color I liked because I was going to have them for the rest of my life...I remember saying something about I hoped I would still be able to lift them when I got old...that one I got at auction weighs about 15 lb empty. Not something you would want to drop on your toe or ceramic tile flooring...

BTW, I priced the pot I bought on line...new replacement price runs between $467-791. I wonder if I need to add a rider to my homeowners insurance policy to cover replacing all my LeCreuset...just wondering...

Last edited:
I remember when my mom bought my set and some extra pieces for me (I picked blue--had they had purple then...). Anyway, she told me I should pick a color I liked because I was going to have them for the rest of my life...I remember saying something about I hoped I would still be able to lift them when I got old...that one I got at auction weighs about 15 lb empty. Not something you would want to drop on your toe or ceramic tile flooring...

BTW, I priced the pot I bought on line...new replacement price runs between $467-791. I wonder if I need to add a rider to my homeowners insurance policy to cover replacing all my LeCreuset...just wondering...
Phone your insurance company. Mine told me that my antique table and the silverware, etc. were covered and didn't need a rider.

I wouldn't worry about it, if you do have a fire they will probably just need a good scrubbing after they cool off! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I wouldn't worry about it, if you do have a fire they will probably just need a good scrubbing after they cool off! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
I have Copco enamelled, cast iron. The apartment I was living in was gutted by fire. The Copco pots were fine, except the wooden handle on the skillet. They were just about the only things that did survive the fire.

Take a picture of all of them and store it "in the cloud".

If you have a Costco membership, they have professional quality 1/2 sheet rimmed baking sheets 2 for $7.99 after instant coupon, that brings them to $4 each, which is a steal. This would be the perfect time to get more for holiday baking or to replace your funky looking ones.

I have just discovered a chain store called Tuesday Morning. Their website says it is closeouts from high end stores. I think I have been there every day for the past week:blush:

Back
Top Bottom