Beercan Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
i bought a vertical roaster "rack" for making beer can chicken. it is a wire frame thing that kinda looks like the bell of a trumpet. you put it wide side down in the roasting pan, like a chimney, the jam the chicken over it. i fill a thin metal cylinder with beer, and put it inside the vertical roaster, and it works just like the beer can chicken, and it's non-toxic.
Buckytom...thank you!!!!

Erik said:
buckytom said:
i bought a vertical roaster "rack" for making beer can chicken. it is a wire frame thing that kinda looks like the bell of a trumpet. you put it wide side down in the roasting pan, like a chimney, the jam the chicken over it. i fill a thin metal cylinder with beer, and put it inside the vertical roaster, and it works just like the beer can chicken, and it's non-toxic.
Yeah I have seen those around and they are pretty inexpensive. I think they are about $10 or so (Does that sound right Buckytom?). Well worth it in my opinion. I think you can probably find them at Wallmart and places like that.

yep, i think mine was about 10 bucks. the hard part was finding a thin cylinder to go inside to hold the beer. i eventually found one at a craft fair. it was intended to be a stainless steel bud vase, but it works just as well holding beer up a chickens butt.

PA, I'm not sure. I haven't heard any of the judges comments about them I have only heard from the team's point of view. Judges don't typically like teriyaki and such flavors.

Back
Top Bottom