Cooking Pork in a Crockpot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeeOR401

Assistant Cook
Season Pork throughly
( I cooked 2 very large pieces)
Set Crockpot to 300
Place Pork in crockpot
Add 8oz soy sauce
6 halves of onions
12oz of Raw Portobello mushrooms
8 Small potatoes
6oz of minced garlic
Each done as a layer I never mixed or try to blend the ingredients i literally just put each ingredient where it fits
I then placed foil on top and placed lid
Set it and forget it 300 for 3 hours
I only checked it once and the rest was history so good you must try your self next time I might carrots and Brussels sprouts
Ty

Didn't know that there were Crockpots that had temperatures in degrees. Have only ever heard of Hi or Low. So which one is 300 degrees?

Welcome.

Two large pieces of what cut of pork? Three hours at 300F, I'm guessing shoulder?

CD

To be honest, I don’t know where I got my crockpot from, but it does have temperature settings on it and also I don’t know what kind of pork it was but I’m guessing shoulder. And if it doesn’t have temperature, I would just set it on high for three hours. It just came out so damn good.

Welcome to the forum!

3 hrs @ 300° would be a very crisp piece of meat! 300° would only be possible in fat - the water would be pretty much gone. Maybe it means 200°?

Welcome to the forum!

3 hrs @ 300° would be a very crisp piece of meat! 300° would only be possible in fat - the water would be pretty much gone. Maybe it means 200°?

The pork would definitely have to have some serious intramuscular fat, like a butt/shoulder. 300F still seems to be rather high for that long, but I've braised pork butt/shoulder in a DO at 250F for close to that long with a big chunk of meat.

Pork loin would be as dry as the Sahara cooked that way.

CD

The cut of meat was not mentioned. Like others, I believe the meat must have had a serious fat cap. But even a 4 lb. roast, at 300 would probably be done in 2 hours, but would it be tender? again, depends on the cut. The fact it was not only in a crock pot with a lid, she also mentions covering with foil. Perhaps that is a contributing factor.

The cut of meat was not mentioned. Like others, I believe the meat must have had a serious fat cap. But even a 4 lb. roast, at 300 would probably be done in 2 hours, but would it be tender? again, depends on the cut. The fact it was not only in a crock pot with a lid, she also mentions covering with foil. Perhaps that is a contributing factor.

With the meat on the bottom in some liquid, it was basically braising? If it was a butt/shoulder, the fat rendering should make it very tender -- probably fall-apart tender.

CD

Season Pork throughly
( I cooked 2 very large pieces)
Set Crockpot to 300
Place Pork in crockpot
Add 8oz soy sauce
6 halves of onions
12oz of Raw Portobello mushrooms
8 Small potatoes
6oz of minced garlic
Each done as a layer I never mixed or try to blend the ingredients i literally just put each ingredient where it fits
I then placed foil on top and placed lid
Set it and forget it 300 for 3 hours
I only checked it once and the rest was history so good you must try your self next time I might carrots and Brussels sprouts
Ty

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
I think perhaps it worked because it was a tougher cut. It might have been a little overdone had it been a tender cut.

But actually came out so tender it was falling apart

Ah, a roaster oven is a different thing. If the meat was falling apart, I am 99% sure the cut of pork you used was a butt/shoulder cut. It is a tough cut, unless you cook it for enough time for the connective tissue (collagen) in that meat to render into gelatin.

I am also guessing that the temperatures printed on the roaster are not NASA level accurate. :ROFLMAO: The actual temperature was probably considerably lower.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom