COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, thank you. :)

Neither of us has noticed any adverse symptoms. Looking forward to what the morning will bring. We will, of course, continue protocols moving forward.

Glad to see our members being vaccinated.

Ross

Spoke too soon. We had an uncomfortable night. Hope today is better. :ermm:

Ross

I just got my first vaccine! [emoji16] [emoji382][emoji40]
I'm doing pretty well today. My arm is a little swollen at the injection site and my upper arm is sore. But I can lift my arm up over my head. DH couldn't do that after his second vaccine earlier this week.

Dh and I got our first Pfizer shots Wednesday March 3rd. I had a sore upper arm and DH had all possible side effect in succession. He was off work two days, Wed. and Thursday. He still feels tired and has a headache. Our booster shots area scheduled for March 24th.

Dh and I got our first Pfizer shots Wednesday March 3rd. I had a sore upper arm and DH had all possible side effect in succession. He was off work two days, Wed. and Thursday. He still feels tired and has a headache. Our booster shots area scheduled for March 24th.

Two days. That's a real bummer.

Interesting how it affects some but, not others.

Ross

...Interesting how it affects some but, not others...
I had read elsewhere that most people's strong reactions come after the second shot. However, if someone has a strong reaction after the first shot, there's a likelihood that they have Covid without symptoms. When you get the shot, your body recognizes the intruder and triggers the body's defense system.

I looked for this info online but couldn't find it. It's likely that what I read was someone commenting in a Facebook thread on something their doctor told them. Still, it makes sense, I guess.

Hey taxy, my rememberer was pretty much right with the first shot being rough if you had some sort of Covid infection previously. Except the guy from SciShow explained it way cooler than I could have no matter how many words I would have used. :LOL:

I finally got an appointment 50 miles away on a site I've looked at many times, but appointments have always showed unavailable. I about fell over after I found one. I had to call the clinic after I booked it to make sure it was real.

I tried to schedule an appointment or at least find out. The site pretends to work, but it is broken. It just has me running around in circles.

SciShow talks to experts and does a lot of research before they make a video. Here's a video that talks about the second vaccine shot and the reactions that people have as well as the reactions of people who have had C-19 getting their first vaccine shot.

Thank you for posting this video. :)

Now I'm kinda glad that I felt so bad, after my second injection. Not certain if I should feel sorry that Jeannie didn't get sick too.. :ermm:

Ross

Ross, I went to work the next day, for less than an hour. Probably took me more time to do the drive back and forth. Spent the day sleeping. By the third day, still felt cruddy, but I could function.

Ross, I went to work the next day, for less than an hour. Probably took me more time to do the drive back and forth. Spent the day sleeping. By the third day, still felt cruddy, but I could function.

(((Hugs.))).. Mine was a bit weird. Had the injection Saturday morning. Was ok all day. Didn't sleep well that night. Sunday was awful, sick and slept off and on all day. Woke Monday morning feeling fine. Strange.

Ross

Rob's getting his first on Thursday, he works at a computer, so he was able to stalk the web for an appointment, it wasn't easy but he found a Walgreens to get an appointment. I'm not eligible until March 24th, and I'll be stalking the web for an appointment!

First one today, April 1 for the second! Extreme relief! What a pain in the butt to even get an appointment, I'm so glad it's almost over.

At least you guys ARE getting appointments. Himself (72 and Type 2 diabetic + HBP) and I (69 + HBP) are both registered for when they are available in our area. Nada, nothing. We might have a better chance at getting a slot if we want to go to one of the mass vaccination sites. The closest one is about 45 miles away.

Meanwhile, most of our friends and family members around our ages or a little younger in other states are all done abd good to go - literally.

Back
Top Bottom