COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even with vaccine you have to be careful. One week after I was vaccinated I was exposed to the Corona and got infected. My test results came back today Positive.

Oh phooey, god bedring (Danish for good bettering).

I hope that the fact that you got vaccinated means that you only have a very mild case.

Even with vaccine you have to be careful. One week after I was vaccinated I was exposed to the Corona and got infected. My test results came back today Positive.

Charlie, there are two different types of test. Did you test positive for the virus, or positive for the antibodies?
You would expect to test positive for antibodies after the vaccine.

Are you getting the 2 dose, Charlie? We all remain vulnerable, but the vaccine is supposed to charge your immune system to be able to fight the virus. The vaccine does not stop you from getting, just helps you fight it and hopefully keep you out of the hospital.

Are you getting the 2 dose, Charlie? We all remain vulnerable, but the vaccine is supposed to charge your immune system to be able to fight the virus. The vaccine does not stop you from getting, just helps you fight it and hopefully keep you out of the hospital.

Charlie mentioned earlier in this thread (post #60) that he got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Even with the single dose, the info above still applies. It's an immune system booster, does not guarantee you will not get Covid...just that you will be able to fight it better.

I got Jhonson & Jhonson vaccine. One dose. I got tested positive for corona virus. Not antibodies.
I do think that having been vaccinated is helping me to fight the virus.
It feels like regular flu. If there is such thing as regular flu.
Thank you for well wishes. Sad thing is we, my family, been so careful all this time. And here I am when things are starting to look better, bam, I get sick.

Last edited:
I had something weird happen a little bit ago - I got a call from Walmart pharmacy, and I don't use them. So I called them back, and they were calling me to tell me that they were calling me because I was on the NJ vaccine list, and wanted to know if I wanted to get the vaccine. And I made an appt. to get it next Tues, 3-23! I was shocked. I had driven by a county mega-site over at the college countless times, with constant traffic in and out, but they are finally getting the shots at more local places, in the pharmacies. I guess I will get it before I plant the tomatoes!

That's a hell of a thing to have happen, Charlie. How are the rest of the family so far? As far as I'm concerned as long as I know that I will get well. They say that with the J&J that although there's a chance of still being protected you will still get over it. I'll keep you in my heart until you get better.

I get my second Monday. I'm getting the Pfiser. None of the States got as much vaccine as they would have liked but Mississippi did an excellent job of getting them in arms. Our vaccine elegebility is now so good it is being offered to anyone 16 or older. The only State that has done a better job of getting the vaccs in arms is Alaska. I love it when my State is close to the top of anything. It doen't happen often.

I got my first Phizer type shot today. Took two days on the internet trying to connect with making an appt, then when I finally did get an appt, they booked me in right away for next day service, choice of times.. So far not feeling anything. I think I will take some tylenol as a preventative later. Drinking lots fluids, I hope ice tea counts.

SO's doctor wants her to hold off in case he can book her in for a sooner surgery date, in which case she shouldn't have it 7 days before the procedure. Twiddling thumbs on that score.

Last edited:
That's a hell of a thing to have happen, Charlie. How are the rest of the family so far? As far as I'm concerned as long as I know that I will get well. They say that with the J&J that although there's a chance of still being protected you will still get over it. I'll keep you in my heart until you get better.

I get my second Monday. I'm getting the Pfiser. None of the States got as much vaccine as they would have liked but Mississippi did an excellent job of getting them in arms. Our vaccine elegebility is now so good it is being offered to anyone 16 or older. The only State that has done a better job of getting the vaccs in arms is Alaska. I love it when my State is close to the top of anything. It doen't happen often.

Thank you very much. Appreciate

You can get the virus no matter if you’ve been vaccinated. Sorry that happened to you, Charlie.

We got our first doses yesterday :ROFLMAO:

Got my first shot yesterday. Here in the city it's really tricky to get an appointment, they fill up so fast. Walgreens is the one pharmacy that seems to have full participation. There are sporadic mass vaccinations at the arena and local hospital systems seem to never have appointments. To avoid driving myself crazy stalking an appointment I scheduled one in a smaller town an hour away. I didn't mind the drive, I just wanted that first dose as soon as I was eligible!

NC has a pretty good website to help find vaccination centers and Walgreens website ran great and was simple to use.

Charlie, I hope you're over the side effects by now. Be well.

Liz, it's good to see you back here. Glad to see that you're OK.

Finally! While I had pre-registered for an appointment with my town's health department weeks ago, I have been looking online to see if I could catch an appointment before they contacted me. It even got to the point where I would check if I woke during the night to take a walk down to the bathroom. Nada. Today, when I checked my email, I had a note from the town... oddly, under the label "Water/Sewer". [emoji38] All I know is that I head to the same place Himself will be at on March 30th. I'll have a week to see if anything happens to him before my first shot on April 8th. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom