Cream of Celery Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keen kook

Senior Cook
There are just so many soup recipes here that I don't know if anyone has submitted this one! So here goes:

Cream of Celery Soup

Ingredients:

1 head of celery
1 pound potatoes
1 large leek
2 1/2 pints chicken stock (3 cubes)
2 ounces butter
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Melt butter slowly in large pan. Add chopped vegetables. Mix all together thoroughly.

Cook slowly for 15 minutes then add stock and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.

Cool slightly and puree in blender. Freeze at this stage if desired.

When serving, add a blob of whipped cream if desired.

This is one of my favorite soups! Thank you for posting it, because I haven't seen one if it already exists!! Your recipe looks simple and absolutely wonderful!

Kind replies

Well now, that must be the best compliment a member can get! To know that other folks are trying and enjoying treasured recipes is what this great site is all about. I am so glad I found it!

keen kook, I made your soup last night and it was a huge success. This one will definitely be going in my regular rotation. Both my wife and I absolutely loved it. It was so easy and also very healthy. Thank you so much for sharing!

this sounds really good! I have never thought to make cream of celery soup before at home.... only kind I have ever made is the "out of the can." This looks really easy and would warm you down to your toes on a cold night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom