Creamy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a feeling you might want to make a full batch. They warm up great the next day also.

Oh, I remember when I made them when you first posted I had a huge bowl of them for supper the next day - yep, just the warmed up potatoes! They were as wonderful the second time around as the first!

Last edited:
...I am lazy. :rolleyes:

Somehow, I don't think so! Potatoes look great, and I will be trying them soon. I love to click on your threads because I know that I'm going to get a great photo along with a great recipe :).

I have always used raw bacon in baked beans. Gotta get that bacon flavor permeating through those beans :-p.

Somehow, I don't think so! Potatoes look great, and I will be trying them soon. I love to click on your threads because I know that I'm going to get a great photo along with a great recipe :).

I have always used raw bacon in baked beans. Gotta get that bacon flavor permeating through those beans :-p.

You are so sweet...I am the same way. I use raw bacon in my baked beans and green beans also.

That recipe got cut and pasted into my virtual recipe collection. I can't wait to try them. My thighs thank you! Following the raw vs. pre-cooked bacon, I have no food safety squeamies about it at all. But, I'm one of those middle-aged folks trying to watch my weight and cholesterol and the raw bacon seems like it would add quite a saturated fat kick to this dish. I think I will bake the bacon (so easy and no clean up to speak of), use non-fat milk, and use Smart Balance in place of the butter. I will not, however, change the cheese; some things really should be left alone.:mrgreen:

ohhhh, just saw this recipe,....cut, pasted AND printed......think I was enduring an ice storm and power outage when this was first posted...hope I didn't miss too many great looking recipes that week! thanks for posting this recipe ol blue!

Great!!!!

:chef:OMG OMG OMG...These potatoes are sooo yummy! I didn't have any swiss cheese, so I just used this "Fiesta blend" shredded cheese. (a blend of colby and montery jack cheeses). I use to use the boxed au gratin potatoes, but I will never again use that. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I will definitely make this again!

Back
Top Bottom