Deep Fried Lasagna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Lasagna finger food, what could be better, especially if your made a favorite tomato dipping sauce. Here's how I made mine/

Ingredients:
1 lb. bulk Italian Sausage (I used my homemade Italian Sausage)
1/2 cup diced onion
3 loves mined garlic
15 oz. tomato puree
1/2 tsp. dried Oreganp
1/2 tsp. Dried sweet Basil
1/4 tsp dried Rosemary
5 tubes string cheese (oe balls of fresh mozzarella
1 cup rice
2 cups of water

Pan fry the bulk sausage until it is grey throughout. Add the onion, and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, and herbs. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the rice and water. Bring to a simmer, stirring every couple of minutes. When the mixture begins to simmer, cover and simmer over the lowest heat setting for 20 minutes. Remove to a covered container and chill overnight.

When ready to fry the spring rolls, lsy out a wide pan of shallow water. get out the filling. Divide cheese into thin, long strips, one for each spring. Roll the spring roll tightly spring roll. Dip the spring roll wrap into the water for 5 seconds, and lay out on a plastic cutting board. Place a line of 2 heaping tbs. of filling, and a strip of cheese along one end. Tight;y roll the sheet over the filling, removing as much air as possible, and just enough to encase the filling. Fold the sides inward, toward the middle. Complete rolling the roll, and set on parchment paper. Continue until all spring rolls are completed. Deep fry in 365' F. oil until golden brown. drain on a wire rack above paper towels. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Lasagna finger food, what could be better, especially if your made a favorite tomato dipping sauce. Here's how I made mine/

Ingredients:
1 lb. bulk Italian Sausage (I used my homemade Italian Sausage)
1/2 cup diced onion
3 loves mined garlic
15 oz. tomato puree
1/2 tsp. dried Oreganp
1/2 tsp. Dried sweet Basil
1/4 tsp dried Rosemary
5 tubes string cheese (oe balls of fresh mozzarella
1 cup rice
2 cups of water

Pan fry the bulk sausage until it is grey throughout. Add the onion, and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, and herbs. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the rice and water. Bring to a simmer, stirring every couple of minutes. When the mixture begins to simmer, cover and simmer over the lowest heat setting for 20 minutes. Remove to a covered container and chill overnight.

When ready to fry the spring rolls, lsy out a wide pan of shallow water. get out the filling. Divide cheese into thin, long strips, one for each spring. Roll the spring roll tightly spring roll. Dip the spring roll wrap into the water for 5 seconds, and lay out on a plastic cutting board. Place a line of 2 heaping tbs. of filling, and a strip of cheese along one end. Tight;y roll the sheet over the filling, removing as much air as possible, and just enough to encase the filling. Fold the sides inward, toward the middle. Complete rolling the roll, and set on parchment paper. Continue until all spring rolls are completed. Deep fry in 365' F. oil until golden brown. drain on a wire rack above paper towels. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief don’t suppose on some of these we can get some pics with the steps. Picture worth a thousand words and all. For us newbies :)

Back
Top Bottom