Pisang goreng or Indonesian fried banana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xocolatl

Senior Cook
I made some today and @msmofet asked for the recipe so here it is:
Zelfgemaakte pisang goreng.jpg

Ingredients:
100 g self raising flour
150 ml carbonated water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 large bananas

1) Mix the flour with the salt and sugar, and slowly add the water while whisking.
2) Put the batter aside for 30 mins. Then peel the bananas, halve, and slice halves in 3 slices. You should have 12 slices total.
3) Heat the fryer up to 180 degree celcius or equivalent and remove the basket
4) Dip the bananas in the batter until covered, then drop 3 pieces of banana at a time in the fryer. Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Then fry the next batch, until all are done.
5) Put bananas in a basket lined with paper and toss with powderd sugar (optional) for a sweeter taste. Otherwise just serve the bananas in the basket. Best when just made!

Believe it would be easier with regular bananas. IMHO

But I love just frying plantain on their own. Hard part is getting the exact black peel. Not too soon and not too late.

I think I'll try this. Sounds simple and easy.

If you dropped the banana, batter and stick all together into the fryer why would you have a fire?
As far as I know a thin wooden stick wouldn't do well in hot oil, with a fire risk existing.

Up to your own judgement. I wouldn't advise it.

Second thought on cooking with the stick in it. Why do it? One purpose of the stick is to be able to eat it out of hand and not get messy. The stick will be greasy and hot, you might as well use a plate.
Better to fish it out and then stab it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom