Dinner Monday 29th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I see. You want specifics. :)

Ok, since it was a little gloomy and cold outside, I made my usual "indoor salmon" recipe, which involves slathering it with mustard and dill and cooking it under the broiler. We also had mashed celery root. For that, I simply mash the cooked celery root and then stir in some light sour cream and a pinch of nutmeg. Beats potatoes any day of the week.

LOL, thanks Steve!

That does sound lovely...I like to get ideas as we have salmon twice a week and it is nice to have it different ways :)

Well here it is Monday already. I should have a better handle on the week. Which I may later, just not today. Tonight it's Cornmeal Waffles and sausage patties. I just stirred up some waffle batter and am letting it rest a little. Drum practice on the table with utensils while Monday Night Football is on. So it goes.

I love the sound of your dinner Whisk, especially the sausage patties :)

Last night, I made stracoto (Italian pot roast) with porcinis, red wine and rosemary, and served it with seasoned steamed green beans and rice, with a garden tomato alongside.

Attachments

• stracoto-1024w.jpg
    stracoto-1024w.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 165
GotGarlic said:
Last night, I made stracoto (Italian pot roast) with porcinis, red wine and rosemary, and served it with seasoned steamed green beans and rice, with a garden tomato alongside.

Looks great..

GotGarlic said:
Thanks, Q. Any damage from the storm? We only lost power for an hour or so.

Just some branches down.. power stayed on.. all in all pretty good...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom