Dinner plans tonight, June 24, Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pasta with garlic oil and toasted breadcrumbs (Cook's Illustrated), and steamed broccoli.

The poke chops was good ;)
I added a dash (or so) of red pepper to the corn while it was cooking. I'm going to be doing that again. Yowza! And I could eat potatoes like this all day. Carmelized onions, loads of sour cream (obviously not in the pic).... :) Sweet Baby Ray's sauce on the one chop. That's good stuff. I'm glad I read about it here. Gawd I've been dying for pork chops.

now i'm hungry again. thanks pacanis. :glare:

tonight, dw made (with my excellent assistance :chef:) grey sole in lemon, butter, and parsley sauce, steamed string beans, and nuked spuds.

it was deeelish.

DH and I are going low carb and today it was eating on the run. He brought up cold meats and low fat cheese, salad and fruit to the hospital where I was with DD and we had a picnic on the grounds.

The poke chops was good ;)
I added a dash (or so) of red pepper to the corn while it was cooking. I'm going to be doing that again. Yowza! And I could eat potatoes like this all day. Carmelized onions, loads of sour cream (obviously not in the pic).... :) Sweet Baby Ray's sauce on the one chop. That's good stuff. I'm glad I read about it here. Gawd I've been dying for pork chops.

My kinda meal -that looks so very good !!!!! Thanks for sharing the pic. !

LEFSElover said:
Y'all know how great Moomies are
smile.gif

OK- I have been waiting for someone else to ask, but obviously, I am the only one who doesn't know what "Moomies" are.....help!

that sounds yummy!
I have a bottle of garlic olive oil. I think I got it at one of those Thomas Kinkade stores. Anyway, it's sooo garlic flavor that I took it to my sons' house for them to have. Isn't that generous of me?:LOL: I have several oils that are infused with other flavors but this one took my head off. I think I am allergic to a huge amount of garlic all at once.:wacko:

I have a bottle of garlic olive oil. I think I got it at one of those Thomas Kinkade stores. Anyway, it's sooo garlic flavor that I took it to my sons' house for them to have. Isn't that generous of me?:LOL: I have several oils that are infused with other flavors but this one took my head off. I think I am allergic to a huge amount of garlic all at once.:wacko:

very generous, LEFSE!:LOL:
oh my!:ohmy:allergic to too much garlic?!
stop by here, we'll get you cured of your allergy. we garlic-spike many meals & they're so dagnabbin yummy!:-p

Oh Luvs, don't get me wrong I love the flavor. But while at work one night, I'd had a small loaf of sourdough and a glass of red wine. The loaf came with dipping sauce that almost took my head off, olive oil with a mound of greenish stuff in the middle, pureed. I figured it was garlic/basil mound. DE-lish~!~
But hours later, I couldn't move. I mean, I couldn't move. I also couldn't breathe. All I could smell was me and it/I stunk. I think I can have it in small portions but not too much at a time

Oh LEFSE, I am forever in your debt for sharing the Moomie buns. I'm going to make some tomorrow first thing. They sound wonderful. Your garlic story reminds me of the time I was in Spain (30+ years ago) and spoke no Spanish. I ordered "pollo con ajo" knowing that "pollo" was chicken, but not realizing that "ajo" was garlic. It came covered with dozens of cloves of roasted garlic. It was one of the most delicious things I ever ate in my whole life, but I smelled (really bad) for days.

Oh LEFSE, I am forever in your debt for sharing the Moomie buns. I'm going to make some tomorrow first thing. They sound wonderful. Your garlic story reminds me of the time I was in Spain (30+ years ago) and spoke no Spanish. I ordered "pollo con ajo" knowing that "pollo" was chicken, but not realizing that "ajo" was garlic. It came covered with dozens of cloves of roasted garlic. It was one of the most delicious things I ever ate in my whole life, but I smelled (really bad) for days.
Yesterday, I used the bread machine method but have done it as many times just regular. Do let them rise, more time rising will fill your whole house with such a lovely fragrance and will also aid them in their fluffiness. Watch them close when they baking, not the 375 that is called for but better would be 350 unless you know your oven is perfectly calibrated. Good luck and do report back how they turned out.
I didn't know either but though it was just me, thanks for asking Karen! ;)
well Dave you could've asked too:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom