Dinner Sunday, 5-24-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
My neighbors on both sides have been grilling this afternoon, and it's killin' me. :yum::LOL:

I heated up the last bowl I'm having of Zuppa Toscana, and threw out the rest. Three days of leftovers is about all I can take. :LOL: Going to start fresh on Tuesday - going out of town with my daughter and grands tomorrow so we'll be having dinner out somewhere.

What is (or was) on everyone's plate this evening? :chef:

Last edited:
I smoked a rack of baby backs and a half-dozen ABTs. That and the last of the potato salad was dinner.

Made pulled pork & coleslaw w/ HM BBQ sauce...

img_1423232_0_722614b092409a314390fb53f4389de7.jpg

We had a few paltry samples from Costco when we didn't get stomped on, along with avocado dip and leftovers. Oh, and we got DH his favorite turkey provolone sandwich on the way out, of which I am the keeper of on the drive home. "I need another bite of my sandwich." States DH, as I balance everything else. Makes for an interesting drive!

I want what S&P and Andy had.

Last edited:
We grilled strip steak, baby zucchini from the garden, farmers market asparagus and corn on the cob. Leftover orange brownies for dessert. Delish!

Finally made the creamy chicken rice soup. Running out of cool-enough weather before I put soup-making on the back burner for four or five months.

Made a Caprese salad, too. The basil plant desperately needed a haircut! :LOL:

We had Ye Olde Breakfast Dinner.

Fried eggs on garlic toast, sausage links, and we finished up the watermelon, cantaloup and red grapefruit. Later tonight, our snacks were port wine cheese on cocktail bread and roasted almonds with the movie, which was "Mission of the Shark; The Saga of the USS Indianapolis."

We love food and great historic movies!

Oh, such good sounding dinners this evening. :yum:

Dawg...I know what you mean...I have a hard time driving or even being a passenger, when I know there is prepared food within reach just waiting for a bite. :ermm::LOL:

Grilled sirloin steak, burgers, dogs and steamed white corn on the cob charred a bit on the grill.

Back
Top Bottom