Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Middie - I asked the Health Department to come back and inspect. She said she had never seen a place so clean! Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you wonder where all that pie was going? Did you notice the name of the last inspector? hehehehehe - he works "alone" and poof - all the pie is gone after the inspection.

Turn the Open sign on and let's start cooking!!!!!!!! On the menu today is

APPETIZER:
Fresh Pico de Gallo with freshly made nacho chips
From scratch Top Shelf Margaritas

ENTREE:
Tomato Pie
Caesar salad
Zweigelt (Austrian red wine for those red lovers)
Grüner Veltliner (Austrain white for those white lovers)

DESSERT:
Tray of grapes, strawberries, blueberries, Mahón Spanish cheese, tablewater crackers, and a refreshing glass of Riando Prosecco

"Attention" The Chief Health inspector is coming for dinner, he is bringing red beans and rice ! Should have a great time, who's tending the bar?

Evening Folks. Firstly i would like to start off i never meant to offend anyone with previous posts. I have a flare for cooking and i may have taken the cafe a bit too serious. I hope this doesnt hinder our friendship.. So moving on.. anychance i can get a coffee around here?:chef:

Once again.. evening all.. Compliments to the waiter for that outstanding coffee. My tastebuds salute your restaurant for serving up a fine refreshment. Now can anyone recommend me a chefs special or a tried and tested main course? I just realised in the paper i was given from Barb that this restaurant is know for its fine cusine. I'll order the chefs speciality:chef:

I'm making a mean chicken and rice dish right now deegan. I'll serve you up a plate as soon as it's done. Give it about another 10 minutes. Is there anything else I can get for you while you're waiting ?

Hi, middie. I haven't been here in a while. Been busy writing my book. Chicken and rice sounds great. Could you dish up some for me, too?

Do you know if the bartender knows how to make a Boston Creme Pie martini? I'm craving one of those.

I'll look it up in my drink book, and have one with you, sounds yummy! Deegan, we have all kinds of eats here ! We aim to please, glad you could join us.

Chicken and rice coming right up. Boston Cream Pie Martini huh ?
What is that... khalua, vanilla vodka, and bailey's
I'll go make a couple for you guys.

Last edited:
yes middie i would like a bocadillo de queso, and for mrs paterson (a very cheeky girl) a jam sandwich, a whisky fur jack and mrs doyle would like sum tea. GO ON!!

Last edited:
Sorry, middie, didn't mean to throw you. A Boston Cream Pie martini is one ounce each of vanilla vodka, chocolate liqueur and Bailey's Irish Creme. It's just sooooo yummy. My new favorite. I love Boston Cream Pie and now I can drink it. Yippee!

Is that the chicken and rice I'm smelling? It's heavenly. I can't wait to taste.

Wow! That chicken & Rice smells great. Got extra? :) I was up in the Bear Cave all morning cleaning Bear's closet. That bear sure subscribes to a lot of magazines. I'm going out later to buy some spring fashions. My t-shirt is so faded out that all you can read is 1998 and I found it on the floor in Bear's closet. :mad: Can I make a pitcher of A Boston Cream Pie martini's? I haven't had anything to drink all day. TNT....that really hit the spot! :wacko:

Somebody is building a woodshed out back behind the pine tree maze. Any idea who it is?

My best guess is that Marge is having it built as a preventative measure. Remember all the mayhem G'weed, buckytom, Buck and a few others caused last summer? We could've used a woodshed then. Did you notice how big it might be? Better be big!

Wow! You're going to enjoy your afternoon if you haven't had anything to drink all day. Those martinis are high test and awesome.

It's just one of her traditional woodsheds. I think she has more than one planted around DC. They just tend to pop up when needed!

Two Sumo Wrestlers tried to check into a single room for the weekend. I gave them some free coupons for the sushi buffet in Greenerway. What should we do with their luggage? They also wanted to reserve the hot tub.

Does anyone speak Japanese?

Back
Top Bottom