Do you use grapeseed oil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to use if for body oils that I scented myself, sometimes for high heat cooking. But haven't bought or used it for years as I just had too many oils going on and the price wasn't worth it.

Didn't even know that there was a controversy over it. So seeing as I have no intention of using it again... personally, don't care! LOL

Hmmm. what is there about grapeseed oil that I don't know about? I cook with grapeseed oil for frying. I don't fry too much, maybe potatoes. Otherwise I use a combo of good olive oil and butter.

The store didn't have peanut oil one time. So I bought grapeseed instead. I prefer peanut oil for its high smoke point, and grapeseed does the same. Plus it has a neutral flavor.

Last edited:
I don't know about any controversy about grapeseed oil. I just keep hearing health claims that I have yet to see backed up.

I like my EVOO. It has a smoke point high enough for just about anything I want to fry. I don't deep fry. If I need a higher smoke point than EVOO, I can use ghee.

georgevan

blood thinner? really?

i like grapeseed oil because it is not that processed and it doesn't have strong taste.

karadekoolaid

what kind of oil do you use? mild flavor olive?

in israel we used to have safflower oil but i don't think it's available any more. especially not cold pressed.

maybe israelis don't like safflower oil because its hebrew name is unappealing to them. it's called HARRIAA with emphasized letters. the AA is from the throat..

Back
Top Bottom