Eatin' Lunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sattie, your SOS sounds like HOS - "heaven" on a shingle. Yummy. And Laurie - I do the same thing. Something turns out great; I don't write down how I did it, and can't recreate it ever again! Darn.

Thanks Karen... it is pretty good. Your suppose to use a roast of some sort and cut it up into pieces, but I found left over roast saves time and is just as tasty. It was pretty dang good!!!

I am having more broccoli soup and DH is having Chili.

I just realized that between him and the border my freezer chili supply that usually lasts the winter is over half gone - I must have made an extra good batch.....or I am just not cooking other things so they settle for that LOL!!!!!

I just had the most incredible pink lady apple....
(late lunch)
I may just have another for dinner!

Lunch was turkey salad on a french bread. In food processor, put cubed turkey , mayo, salt, pepper, chopped sweet onions, smoked paprika and pulse to desired constitency.

I just made for the first time a creamy chicken pasta that came out great. I have not made many "creamy" dishes before and this one came out real good.

1.5 # chicken breast
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 jar roasted red peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning (can substitute Creole)
1 # box bow tie pasta (cooked aldente)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
Flat leaf parsley (garnish)
Dice the chicken into bite size pieces and seasoned with salt pepper and Cajun seasoning.

Saute chicken in olive oil, and set a side.
saute onion, garlic and red peppers
return the chicken to the pan and add whipping cream, oregano and simmer for 3 minutes
toss with pasta and grated cheese and add parsley.

Enjoy

one half of a sandwich made on hazel nut bread, mayo, pepper jack cheese and thin sliced chicken, lettuce. few chips and diet 7up, i have been down sizing portions and no snacks at bed time for a month. lost six pounds . don't feel deprived at all.

Angel hair pasta with a meat/marinara sauce I made last night. A little parm on top to round it out. (Is it lunch time yet?)

I just made some fried wontons in Evoo with some leftover manicotti filling. It was diced italian sausage, ricotta, garlic, and sauteed spinach. I dipped it in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, seasame oil and some spicy thai red sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom