Egg Foo Young

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much, Cheryl! Both yours and Kayelle's (Steve's) versions look yummy. Since green peppers make frequent appearances via burps when I eat them cooked, I think I'll toss Kayelle's green onions into your recipe. ;) I also like the water chestnut idea.

Not sure when I'll get the chance to make this, as I'm doing just TnT recipes until after the garage sale, but I won't forget it's here.

Thanks again!

You're welcome, CG. I just had the last of it for lunch. Next time I make it I'm going to go with Kay/SousChef's recipe and add a tsp of dry mustard to the sauce. :yum:

Mmmm. Egg Foo Young, :yum: Haven't made it for years.

Thanks for the recipes, Kayelle and Cheryl! Just need me some sprouts.

Great job Cheryl..in addition to the mustard powder in the sauce the little bit of rice vinegar is nice. Steve came home today with some fresh spouts, so it looks like I'll have an evening out of the kitchen soon. :D

Pirate loves sprouts. Every time I buy a package for a recipe, they seem to disappear before I can make what I had planned. :wacko: Dang kid! :angel:

I never made Egg Foo Young before, so I gave it a try for lunch today. I had some leftover grilled veggies from last night, which I used instead of the shrimp. It's amazing how the grill taste of a small quantity (less than a half cup) of the veggies permeates the dish. Rather than making the sauce in a separate pan, I deglazed the saute pan with it, mostly to avoid having to clean another pan. It thickened a lot faster than it would have in another pan.

Very easy to make, and it will go on the "do again" list. I'll have to think about other ingredients to add, and might even try it with shrimp someday!

Thanks for the recipe.

Wow, haven't made this in a very looooong time. Thanks for the recipes!:)

I love eggs. And then my mind started to work. (A very rare event!) I make frittatas all the time. I make omelets all the time. I order Egg Foo Young when I am at Chinese restaurants. Why not make my own at home. Copied and saved. Thank you very much. On this weeks menu. Green onion and bean sprouts on the grocery list. :angel:

Last edited:
Glad to hear that so many of you are putting Egg Foo Young on the menu! Other than a few days ago, it's been probably 5 years since I've made it. I'll try to remember to put it back in the rotation a little more often than that from now on. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom