Fattoush (Bread) Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bama-Rick

Senior Cook
FATTOUSH SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING

INGREDIENTS
4 cups torn pita bread
1 cup Yogurt
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. sumac
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup thinly sliced radishes
1 cucumber peeled and chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh torn mint

INSTRUCTIONS
Drizzle a skillet with a bit of olive oil, and crisp the pita until golden and crunchy on the outside, and dried throughout.

Mix together the Yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and sumac in a medium bowl. Let set in refrigerator overnight.

Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the yogurt dressing, finishing with more sumac to your liking.
FATTOUSH SALAD.jpg

Last edited:
Italian panzanella
I'm sure there are dozens of variations, basically throw in a little bread to stretch out whatever vegetables you can scourge up or a way to use stale bread. The Spanish have Catalan Bread Salad. A little different with eggplant and zucchini and olive oil and lemon juice and spices as the dressing. If you don't want to "fry" the bread to crisp it up, just put the pita in the toaster to brown and crisp it. It should be cracker like.

Last edited:
I am surprised that this salad has bread in it. I checked on Wikipedia, and the recipe here looks like what Wikipedia describes. I am only familiar with it as a menu item in Middle Eastern restos around here. I don't remember the specifics of the ingredients, but I remember it as mostly pieces of various colours of bell peppers. Maybe there are some herbs and onion too?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom