Friday, 23rd June - does a "warm salad" count as cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
It's pretty warm here in southern Britain. (Slightly warmer than normal - and I have to say I am loving not feeling cold all the time!)

Anyway, I didnt want anything heavy, so I sprinkled some chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) with salt, pepper and Za'atar seasoning and roasted them. Wrapped in foil to cool and then stripped the chicken off. (Having tasted a couple of bits of chicken - chef's perks obs - I felt they lacked in flavour so dusted with a little smoked paprika, mixed through and set aside.) I made a very simple dressing of sour cream, a dob of mayo, salt, pepper, tiny bit of grated garlic, lemon zest and juice. Then later just put some salad leaves, chopped tomato, green pepper, cucumber, sliced spring onion and a little bit of chopped apple on plates, topped with warmed chicken strips, and a generous dollop of the dressing. Light and tasty for a warm summer evening!

You answered your own question when you said you "roasted them". But who cares what you call it, as long as you like it - I pre-cook things all the time, to mix with other things, when making salads in the summer, when I don't want hot foods. And often (actually, almost always!) these "salads" I make in large amounts, and eat the leftovers, and what I do to take the chill off, is stick a bowl in the microwave, and zap it for 10 or 12 seconds.

Yes!
If you used a knife and served it on a plate, you were cooking.

@pepperhead212 I do a lot of batch cooking of plain things (beans, grains, pasta) and then use them when I assemble a meal. I saw you used sorghum yesterday, so I got my sorgohum out and cooked it up and made an apple/raisin/sunflower seeds/sorghum salad, dressed with lemon and honey. Thanks for mentioning it.

LOL, I just thought Katy was posting about the cooking in her salad. Didn't realize it was for a dinner thread.
I'll take care of it in the morning.

LOL, well, 4:50 is not really early for Katy!

at the moment, merging seems to be not working for me.
Sorry guys, for now just pick one and stick with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom