Fructose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougiezerts

Assistant Cook
This is a sugar substitute derrived naturally from corn. I like it because it has a "cooler" taste than regular sugar.
But in the last few years, it seems to have vanished from many stores. And I've seen net rumors that it's bad for your health!
So can any of you tell me something about this?

Frutose,maltose,dextrose, ose denotes sugar! You'd be better off with splenda is you want to reduce sugar intake..Sugar is a carb, corn has carbs, people think only starches, potatoes, rice, beans,pasta are carbs but many veggies have carbs and fresh fruit is loaded with natural sugar..Your best bet is weigh or measure or limit the amounts of these things. Just follow the food groups and use small amounts..In other words a rounded meal plan.

kadesma:)

Doug,
you might look here and this might define fructose more for you..
Questions and Answers About Fructose

kadesma

http://www.ific.org/publications/qa/fructoseqa.cfm

Last edited:
Actually, I use fructose simply because I like the flavor of it, not because I'm on a diet. But thanks for the info.

dougiezerts said:
Actually, I use fructose simply because I like the flavor of it, not because I'm on a diet. But thanks for the info.
I've seen it on the shelves along with the sugars and things like fruit fresh at the grocery store. Sorry I meant to tell you this yesterday, BUT:LOL: as usual I forgot...

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom