Fry rather than Deep Fry Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only use this method for breast meat. Yes, it's completely cooked. I've done this many times.

I want to do a whole or half chicken cut up. My 1 DD and I like breasts (we share one because they are so big usually) but other DD and hub like dark meat. How much longer does dark meat need?

Last edited:
nhoj, I've never liked the clean up of frying so what I do is mix vinegar and milk as a tenderizer (about a tablespoon vinegar to cup milk), let chicken (usually boneless fingers or nuggets) sit in it about 15 minutes, drain but not dry it. Mix up a bowl of seasoning (salt, pepper, and paprika) and panko (large crispy breadcrumbs), and press the chicken into the crumbs, and take surrounding crumbs and press them on the top. Let the chicken sit like this while the oven (350) or fry pan (with shallow bit of oil)heat up. Then cook. I use touch method, cut open, or thermometer method to check for done. In the oven they cook maybe 15 minutes for boneless, and 25 or more for bone-in. You can cook them on parchment paper on a baking pan for easy clean up and less sticking. I am not exact on cook times because I tend to check stuff after 10 minutes and then every few minutes until whatever it is, is finished.
Cooking them on the stove is maybe 2-3 or so minutes each side for the boneless and a good 6 or more minutes a side for bone-in. I'd cook on medium to low until you are used to doing it without it getting hot enough to smoke up the house. I prefer grape seed oil over olive oil when shallow frying because of the smoke point being higher.

Back
Top Bottom