Full Moon Tonight - You HAVE to see it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roadfix, you can see stars in the sky out in LA? :ohmy: HOW big of a 'scope do you have?

BTW, do you belong to an amateur astronomy club? Himself was active in the Cuyahoga Astronomical Association when we lived in the Cleveland area. He really enjoyed the meetings and the special events they would hold in the Metroparks. He helped my Brownie Troop earn their astronomy badge, too. When we moved to MA the clubs were all far from us - at least 40 miles one-way. Instead, he worked with "Project Astro", going into two 5th grade classes to conduct astronomy events with the kids once or twice a year, plus a stargazing evening with the kids and their parents. There is such diminishing of the sciences in school these days that the teachers were very happy to have him go in for a class or two. Then the one teacher who did all the work got sick and the other teacher let things slide. He misses going in...

CG.....Sounds like he was very active with the local astro community, with outreach and all. Hope he's still observing.

Unfortunately, I live within the light dome of metro L.A. so I need to drive 90 miles out to reach a dark site with my dob. This is one reason I've been in and out of this hobby in the last couple of decades.
My current scopes are a 12" dob and an 11" SCT which is permanently housed and mounted in my little backyard roll-off-roof observatory. I'm strictly visual now, no astro-photography.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom