Getting the last drop out of the bottom of the blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Just curious if there was a trick to getting the remaining few tablespoons of something you blended in the blended that is thick and remains at the bottom entangled in and below the blades.

Sure patience and a thin rubber spatula I can get most of it, but just wondering if there is an easier more efficient way without either removing the bottom of the blender or diluting the last bit.

Just curious if there was a trick to getting the remaining few tablespoons of something you blended in the blended that is thick and remains at the bottom entangled in and below the blades.

Sure patience and a thin rubber spatula I can get most of it, but just wondering if there is an easier more efficient way without either removing the bottom of the blender or diluting the last bit.

Depends on the blender. Mine has a screw-off base so it's fairly easy. Otherwise, use what comes out easily and forget the rest. I suppose you could make extra.

The second time I made peanut butter in the Vitamix I bought this Vitamix Blade Scraper Accessory.
VitamixScraperBlade 2021-07-15 104409.jpg

I don't bother with some things, like smoothies, after getting all but a tsp or two out. Some things, like when making Mexican sauces in the Vitamix, that are going to be cooked down, I rinse it out with a small amount of water, and add it to the paste - the little bit more water doesn't really matter. And with Thai curry pastes, I make a sort of vinaigrette that I often make, that calls for a tb of curry paste. I guess I'm more concerned about wasting chile peppers, than other ingredients!:LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom