Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Thursday I did a hard gymnastics workout and I was sore on hams, pecs and abs next day. Today I am over that and I will be doing some today.

Cameron

yes i now do one hour and 10 minutes everyday,and burn 300,my target is one hour and a half and 400 (at least)

Happy Christmas all. We went for a walk around the foothills of our village this morning, before lunch, and had another walk this evening!

I suppose I'm going to have to read this entire thread and see what results I may expect if I get on an aggressive program. Things have slipped up on me when I wasn't looking and I need to start paying attention. I'm going to start little and add to it and hope it can become a good habit.

I went to the gym with a friend at lunch time and did cardio for half an hour. My gym near home is shut for two weeks so no swimming :(

Used to work out hard at least three times a week. That was about 3 years back. Then began going with my wife last year, again 3 times per week. But we got sidetracked after a couple months. So last night, I went with my 19 year-old daughter. Did an upper body work out with dumbells, and then a 1.5 mile brisk walk on the track. After that, I did a cool-down walk with my daughter. Her idea of a cool-down walk was faster than my brisk walk. I really had to push to keep up with her, and she'd been running on an elliptical runner for 30 minutes, and then on the treadmil for another half hour. But then again, when I was 19, I was tireless, and very strong and supple. I think at age fifty, it's going to take me a bit before I can walk tirelessly again. But I got a good start. We will be going to the gym again tomorrow night. Hope my legs feel more energetic than they do right now.

I am happy to say that the upper body workout can increase, as my tentative 25 lb. dumbells were jsut to light and didn't task me at all. When I last stopped using them, I was using 45 pounders. I should be back there in about two months.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Really great to see so many people interested in Fitness.I do two 1 hr. kickboxing classes a week.Also,I do a low weight high repetition routine of 4 sets of twenty that pretty much has me done by the end that includes upper,lower and abs.I also do 1 hour of arobics 3 times a week.The 2 dogs get walked early and late everyday as well.

I've been on this routine now for 17 months and have reduced my weight from 220 lbs to 190 and put on quite a bit of lean muscle and went from a 38 waist to a 32 and down to 12% body fat,hey I don't cut out all the fat:rolleyes: in my diet,how boring would that be.Anyway at 52 I need this to maintain good health well into retirement,hopefully.

Goodweed of the North said:
I am happy to say that the upper body workout can increase, as my tentative 25 lb. dumbells were jsut to light and didn't task me at all. When I last stopped using them, I was using 45 pounders. I should be back there in about two months.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

geez gw, 45lbs. is pretty darn good. if you can do that with isolated curls, chin shrugs, standing deltoid flys, inclined flys, and reverse tricep curls, you will get blasted in no time. do you should have a curl/tricep bar? i like to change up a set of the dumbbells with the bar.

ok, now you've got me motivated. :glare: i'm gettin out the weights this week. wait, i'm busy, ok, by next week!!!

Gym at lunch, rower, treadmill, bike and some core body work on the ball.

I'm contemplating getting a weight set and a bench for home, I think my dh may finally crack if I do that!!!

"she's a maaaaaniac, maaaaaaaniac, on the floor..."

go for it kyles. the combo of aerobic and weight training will amplify your results.

What really good exercises can be done while sitting at the computer?:rolleyes: Now that I am an executive chef, I need to know that. Did anyone notice my new status?????????

cool Licia!! Congrats on your promotion!!:-p

Well in just under 3 hours I will be able to say I have done a session of Body Pump and Total Training today... I am about to head for the gym in 15 minutes...

congrats licia. you only need to begin working out when your belly touches the keyboard before your hands do.

i have about 40 posts to go to become a cert. master chef!!!!
do i get a crown and sceptre? i'll settle for a cap and a mozzarella stick.

licia said:
What really good exercises can be done while sitting at the computer?:rolleyes: Now that I am an executive chef, I need to know that. Did anyone notice my new status?????????
YEA licia,
you got a promotion:clap: :clap: :clap:
kadesma

licia said:

Congrats. on your promotion, your voice is really known through the forums!

what good exercises can be done? why don't you ask jeeves?http://ask.com/

what most exercises would probably be are called 'isometric', where you tense your arms and legs against your desk, walls, other limbs, etc., and suck in your stomach for a few seconds at a time. you'l be trimmer in no time!

On the other hand, I'll probably be cycling later.

Finally, my 'off-week' is over, and I will get back to runnin, cycling hard, and weightlifting again. I'm planning on doing the former in less than hour.

Back
Top Bottom