Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops...didn't post this week:

Monday: 1 hour on EFX, burned 600 calories...WOOHOO!
Wednesday: 40 minutes on EFX, burned 350 calories...it was something at least.

Got to the gym today, 5 minutes on the bike 20 minutes hills on the stepper, 15 minutes on the rower and 10 minutes on the eliptical.

I am going to work a lot harder next week, but not bad considering my jet lagged state!

Going to the gym later...will do 45 minutes to an hour on EFX and weightlifting for 30 minutes...hope I find energy! Blah!

Ah I haven't heard them called an EFX before, we have eliptical cross trainers at the gym, I use one a lot. We also have a device called a cardio wave which is similar except the foot plates go out, as if your were speed skating. And your arms are still. It gives an awesome butt workout! And strengthens the knees.

Yep Kyles! I'm beginning to feel the "awsome butt workout" too! Hee hee I've been at it for a month now and started to see results. I tried the cardio wave but I need to develop a feel for it still. Enjoy your workout.

I looked like a baby giraffe learning to walk when I used the cardio wave for the first few times, your legs tend to splay out and your knees try to knock together, it takes a while to get the rhythm. "Sway" by the *****catdolls helped!

I hate to say it, but to me the amount of exercise you get in your day-to-day life doesn't seem all that much help in the weight department (i'm sure it has to help in the cardio and respitory depts). I actually went one time from living on one floor and driving everywhere I went to living on the 3rd & 4th floors and walking everywhere I went (to and from work, to include walking home and back for lunch, to the grocery store, and when we'd go out at night) and even w/a reduction in food -- gained weight. Oh, yeah; I worked on the third floor of a building and was the only person in my office young enough to lug up the boxes of reams of paper from the basement to our office. Oh, yeah, I also would walk to supply points when people needed pens and stuff. AND I took 2 Jazzercise classes a week. AND I did extra abs workouts most mornings before work. Needless to say, somewhere around there I gave up on the concept of weight management and just went for overall health. I still workout quite a bit, and walk a lot (and Galena is a very vertical town -- walking actually means climbing here). But I threw away the scale years ago. I'm never going to be thin, and who gives a poop?

Yes! Finally I've run 4.5 miles on the treadmill. I got at least a little something good out of my TV watching time today.

Claire said:
I hate to say it, but to me the amount of exercise you get in your day-to-day life doesn't seem all that much help in the weight department (i'm sure it has to help in the cardio and respitory depts). I actually went one time from living on one floor and driving everywhere I went to living on the 3rd & 4th floors and walking everywhere I went (to and from work, to include walking home and back for lunch, to the grocery store, and when we'd go out at night) and even w/a reduction in food -- gained weight. Oh, yeah; I worked on the third floor of a building and was the only person in my office young enough to lug up the boxes of reams of paper from the basement to our office. Oh, yeah, I also would walk to supply points when people needed pens and stuff. AND I took 2 Jazzercise classes a week. AND I did extra abs workouts most mornings before work. Needless to say, somewhere around there I gave up on the concept of weight management and just went for overall health. I still workout quite a bit, and walk a lot (and Galena is a very vertical town -- walking actually means climbing here). But I threw away the scale years ago. I'm never going to be thin, and who gives a poop?

Claire,
I have heard from a co-worker (who is a fitness/nutrition superfreak) that diet is 90% of the battle.

Claire said:

I have mentioned this several times, however when you exercise regularly you will gain muscle tissues. Which is a very good news. It will give you the strength, definition for your shape, and it burns more calories to maintain itself even while you are resting. However you must remember muscles weigh much more than fat tissues. Thus, it is quite possible and normal that you do not see a weight loss as you may have expected. But in truth you are getting fitter and leaner. You have done well to have stopped staring at the scale... it is not a correct measure for your fitness. I do variety of fitness activities almost every day because I enjoy it, gives me more energy, and makes me feel fitter and stronger. It seems to me, that is the whole point of exercising / working out. As long as you are fit and healthy, who cares what the scale says?

I measure my progress in lots of ways, how my clothes fit, tape measure, body fat, and fitness gains. The scales are only a useful numerical measure in terms of ease of use, but I certainly don't base my progress on them at all. In fact I go months without going on them at all.

Anyways, today I have done a combo of weight training and cardio and worked my butt off!

Yes I did exercise today. 600 situps and then went out for a run with the kids on their bikes to the sports centre and back. In total 45 mins.I agree with Urmaniac and Kyles. People tend to forget that muscles actually weigh something.If you don't want to have big muscles, do repetitive exercises that involve using your body weight other than other weights and if using gym machines, do not make the task harder, just stick to the easy level or medium and repeat several times.

And in addition, it's really hard for ladies to build muscle regardless of how heavy the weight, as we do not have the testosterone required to do build bulk.

Strength training is so good, I love it! I can lift my 150lb dh now! Much to his disgust!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom