How do you private message someone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda0818

Head Chef
"Private", meaning, of course, that no one else can see the conversation. I'm completely lost. There's nowhere, that I see, inside a person's public post, to click on that allows you to PM them. And even when you click on their username, there are checkboxes giving you a choice between "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" or "Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)."

What does that even mean??? I just want to PM someone. Perhaps I'm loopy and completely missing something, but I see no options to send someone a private message. I feel silly even asking this question because I'm probably missing something obvious, but... well... here I am, asking this question. :innocent:

You should see an envelope icon, on the Discuss Cooking page header/menu bar.

Click on it and it will bring up the message option.

A private message is only as private as the people involved. The recipient can forward it to others or include others in a response.

Some folks have the option disabled or their mailbox may be too full and are unable to receive a message.

Anyway, just look for the little envelope.

You should see an envelope icon, on the Discuss Cooking page header/menu bar.

Click on it and it will bring up the message option.

A private message is only as private as the people involved. The recipient can forward it to others or include others in a response.

Some folks have the option disabled or their mailbox may be too full and are unable to receive a message.

Anyway, just look for the little envelope.
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom