ISO recipes for daylilies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunnygrl_ks

Assistant Cook
:) I haven't posted much but have been lurking( not sure if i should have put this in veggies or not, oh well )... but recently I have become interested in trying day-lilies as we have an ABUNDANCE this time of year around here...
I would appreciate some recipes with these in them or some links to some good recipes that you have tried.... (edited to add... :) i did a google and came up with some recipies, but always apreciate a recipe that someone else can give comments on...

Also recipes using the leaves/roots instead of the blossoms are ok too...

thanks

Last edited:
Hi, sunny. I just did a Google search for "eating daylilies" and came up with quite a few sites with tips and information on how to prepare them. That's all I can offer right now.

My own instinct is that the blossoms can be batter-dipped and fried like squash and zucchini blossoms.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll get more answers.

thanks katie ;) , i haven't tried squash blossoms yet either... going to try that this summer... yumm I hope;) .

Hello Ms. Sunny girl and fellow Kansan!!!!! I have had them batter-fried, and I think I got the recipe from an issue of Sage Woman magazine a few years ago. The batter was a little runnier than most batters, and I seem to think it had some sugar in it. I will search around for you and see if I kept the issue with the recipe I tried. Again, greetings, and welcome to DC!!!!

Not a recipe, really, but the buds are tasty steamed--it has been a while since I cooked any, but just steam them til they are tender, and toss with some butter and salt.

I've never heard of this before.....thanks for posting this. Now I have to go check out some sites and read up on this.

While I've never used them fresh, dried daylily buds are always in my pantry & are a frequent addition to Chinese soups & stirfries. They get soaked for about 20-30 minutes in hot water, & then tied into a knot for ease of eating.

I use them like Breezy, in asian recipes. I like the texture and the flavor is subtle. I always have a bag of dried in the pantry too! Experiment and have fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom