ISO stove top grills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to buy a stove-top grill, the kind that fits over 2 burners. Any recommendations on what brand to get or not get? Thanks!

Hey Uncle Bob
You're my tasso man! Anyway, my worry with the Lodge grill is that pictures of if make it seem like the gaps are wider than the AllClad or LeCreuset, and that it might not work well for delicate fish. have you cooked fish on it?
Thanks!
Julie

I have one and it's nothing to write home about.

They aren't grills, they are pans with ridges. They don't make the food taste grilled.

And they are hard to clean.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Hey Uncle Bob
You're my tasso man! Anyway, my worry with the Lodge grill is that pictures of if make it seem like the gaps are wider than the AllClad or LeCreuset, and that it might not work well for delicate fish. have you cooked fish on it?
Thanks!
Julie

Miss Julie...No I have not cooked fish on it..the grill side that is. To be honest I don't ever remember using the grill side...only the griddle side. The old one I have... the grids, ridges, gaps between measure about 5/8 inch. I also have a newer lodge grill pan that was a gift...The gaps on that one measure 1/2 inch....So I am "assuming' the newer Lodge griddles would be 1/2 in, but I don't know....Just looking at it...If your primary use would be fish...then maybe they are a little wide...depending on the size of the fish filet or whatever. For larger pieces of meat (beef-pork) they would be ok...HTH

I have it!

Miss Julie...No I have not cooked fish on it..the grill side that is. To be honest I don't ever remember using the grill side...only the griddle side. The old one I have... the grids, ridges, gaps between measure about 5/8 inch. I also have a newer lodge grill pan that was a gift...The gaps on that one measure 1/2 inch....So I am "assuming' the newer Lodge griddles would be 1/2 in, but I don't know....Just looking at it...If your primary use would be fish...then maybe they are a little wide...depending on the size of the fish filet or whatever. For larger pieces of meat (beef-pork) they would be ok...HTH

The one you linked too is an excellent grill - $40 at Target. I literally cook on it every night. I does a very nice job with fish like Tuna, Salmon, etc. I actually looked for a grill with wide ridges, but that's only for appearance. It is very heavy and well made. It creates excellent grill marks and sears very well.

I will say that I have a 6 burner gas kitchenaid stovetop and it fits perfectly. It gets very hot and heats evenly. I was suprised how well the middle of the grill retains heat.

It will not work with smooth cooktops. You should also know that you will produce a lot of smoke with this type of cooking, and if your ventilation isn't adquate it's a bit of a pain to use.

I use the griddle side a bit less. Bacon is a bit of a pain with these types because of the grease. But for sandwiches or pancakes, it's perfect.

Overall, this was WELL worth the $40 I paid for it. Let me know if you have any other questions!

I am looking into buying a grill pan so i can "grill" pork tenderloin and other meats on it. However i do not like the taste of steak cooked in a pan. Its either a 20$ gas outdoor grill or a 20$ grill pan.

I have a Lodge that fits on two burners and a LeCreuset square grill pan. I really do prefer th Lodge for cooking, but the LeCreuset is easier to clean.

Basically, I simply use a brush and water to clean the Lodge, then put it back on the stove and heat it up. This dries the grill and burns off anything that may have been left on the pan.

If I had to choose, I would pick the Lodge.

Back
Top Bottom