Just joined today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rays

Assistant Cook
Hello

I have been cooking for my family at home and the family I had after marriage for years. I started cooking in my early teens and copied mum's recipes and found easy things in her books too!

I occasionally tried a new, safe recipe but was unadventurous, that is, until my daughter became an adult. She is very adventurous in cooking and will cook without recipes. She has been a real inspiration to me in the kitchen and I have 'grown up' enough now to do the same, try new things, make up my own dishes and just generally really enjoy cooking :)

This forum fascinates me and I am pleased to see free from sections as I have many allergies and intolerances :yum:

Well, that is how I ended up here, looking forward to learning more and meeting you all.

Rays

I think you'll like us. I've asked for advice for many things, and always get a good answer. Since people are always asking me for cooking advice, it's nice to have a source for my own various confusions. Whenever my nephew wants to cook (usually to impress a gal), my sibs & parents have one answer: Call Auntie Claire. This is my go to place. Even for non-food-stuff ("off topic") I've had good advice, and I wouldn't dream of buying kitchen equipment without asking my DC friends!

Welcome

Thank you Taxlady, Dawgluver and Claire.

I am already quite excited over the favourite kitchen tool thread :LOL:

Rays

Watch out...it can cost you cash money...somebody always has to mention a new gadget or cookbook you just have to buy!!!

Welcome to DC, Rays! Have fun and remember to play with your food!

Welcome to DC Rays! It's a wonderful, caring place to feel nutured personally & to learn so much professionaly.

Back
Top Bottom