Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, yt. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?

my latest smile comes from (who else, but) my little guy.
my boy is learning his alphanumerics, and happens to love to play dress up. firemen, construction workers, doctors, army men, knights in armor; i'm never sure who he is pretending to be when i get home. one of his faves is dressing up as a policeman.

so, put 2 and 2 together, and he dialed 9-1-1 to get a cop to come over and play with him. :huh:

i was at work, but my wife said there were a few phone calls with no one on the other end, then somewhat frantic knocking and ringing of the doorbell. when she answered the door, a cop asked if everything was ok, and that there was a call to 9-1-1 from the residence.
she turned around to see my boy at the top of the stairs, in full police regalia: helmet, gun belt, night stick, handcuffs and vest.
he invited the cop upstairs to play with his police stuff.
my wife apologized profusely, but the cop was an iritated jerk, and scolded my son to the point of making him cry. dw assured the cop that it wouldn't happen again and sent him on his way (back to dunkin donuts, presumably :cool:).
nonetheless, we didn't make a big deal out of it when i got home; because in reality, it was just too darn cute, and a lesson well learned.

:):):)

That is the sweetest 911 story I've ever heard, BT. Shame on that grouchy policeman. He could have kindly explained how he had to catch bad guys so his boss didn't allow him any play time.

My friend answered the phone and it was the police, asking if she had children there. When she said yes, several, the dispatcher told her that a young child had called 911 from her phone and asked the police to please "come and arrest my brother because he is a jacka**"! When they told the child that the police don't arrest little boys and to never call 911 again, the child said he thought his brother "might be a bank robber and would they come and get him now?"

lol, yt. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?

my latest smile comes from (who else, but) my little guy.
my boy is learning his alphanumerics, and happens to love to play dress up. firemen, construction workers, doctors, army men, knights in armor; i'm never sure who he is pretending to be when i get home. one of his faves is dressing up as a policeman.

so, put 2 and 2 together, and he dialed 9-1-1 to get a cop to come over and play with him. :huh:

i was at work, but my wife said there were a few phone calls with no one on the other end, then somewhat frantic knocking and ringing of the doorbell. when she answered the door, a cop asked if everything was ok, and that there was a call to 9-1-1 from the residence.
she turned around to see my boy at the top of the stairs, in full police regalia: helmet, gun belt, night stick, handcuffs and vest.
he invited the cop upstairs to play with his police stuff.
my wife apologized profusely, but the cop was an iritated jerk, and scolded my son to the point of making him cry. dw assured the cop that it wouldn't happen again and sent him on his way (back to dunkin donuts, presumably :cool:).
nonetheless, we didn't make a big deal out of it when i got home; because in reality, it was just too darn cute, and a lesson well learned.

:):):)

That is SOOO funny!! That cop was J-off!! You might have read that I am taking the police test soon. I hope one day this happens to me lol.

The last time I smiled was when I woke up to my 4 year old today jumping on the bed saying "daddy wake up".

My dh was giving out to our 4 yr old little girl, it was obviously having no effect as she looked him in the eyes and went "Dad - bla bla bla bla!!!!!" I nearly fell off the bed i laughed so much!

lol, douzer and p-king, 4 year olds are great, aren't they?

douzer, it's so hard not to laugh, else ruin the lesson being taught. sometimes, i feel like one of the characters on (dating myself) the carol burnett show, or the original casts of saturday night live, trying so hard not to burst out laughing in a deadly serious situation with/to a toddler.

pastaking, it's a rare man that doesn't change from being a cop. i have cousins on the job, and you'd barely recognize them today from the way we knew them as kids.
i hope you're one that can remember these times. best of luck, man.

f-mom, your friend's story about 911 is really funny. maybe the kid is a jacka$$ ;)? there's brutal , tactless honesty in those early years, ya know?

Yesterday.. Paul offered to send me to Mexico in April all by MYSELF!!!!!
A week of freedom from the stress of life and a short trip into my dream world.

Yesterday.. Paul offered to send me to Mexico in April all by MYSELF!!!!!
A week of freedom from the stress of life and a short trip into my dream world.
Have you started packing yet?:LOL: You go and have a wonderful time..I would jump at the chance to go..You are lucky, your Paul sounds like one heck of a guy..
kades

This is going to make me sound like a very shallow person, but I was grinning from ear to ear this afternoon when we drove into Puerto Vallarta with some friends to our new COSTCO. Wow! I love living in Mexico, and I especially love the wonderful fresh ingredients I get to cook with, but it was SO nice to find thick sliced ham steaks and Starbucks coffee beans and calamata olives and sun dried tomatoes packed in oil and canned tomatoes and wonderful granola. Oh - and sharp cheddar cheese! Just a few things that I have been longing for....great fun. And those great Costco hot dogs..we all had one before we left for home.

Have you started packing yet?:LOL: You go and have a wonderful time..I would jump at the chance to go..You are lucky, your Paul sounds like one heck of a guy..
kades

He is Kadesma. He really really is.
I went through a lot before I met him and for some silly but wonderful
reason he's trying to make up for all the bad that came before. I've never had anyone love me like he does.;)

when I realized that trish will probably invite me to go to Mexico with her....................

Some day I'll have a giant party and invite ya all!!
But this time, is for me. I went to the Oregon coast once by myself ( about 11 years ago)
but other than that I've never been anywhere alone.
I am so looking forward to finding out...who I am when I'm just me:):)!!

quote=Fisher's Mom;564832]I'm so excited for you, pdswife!!!! You must be a wonderful wife and your hubby is a gem![/quote]

:heart::heart::heart:Thanks! All I ever wanted to be was a wife and mom.
I do my best every day to make Paul feel like he's the most important person in my world because he is. And he is a gem. We're not perfect but we are pretty perfect for each other. LOVE IS GOOD! :heart: LOVE IS GREAT!!!:heart:

Some day I'll have a giant party and invite ya all!!
But this time, is for me. I went to the Oregon coast once by myself ( about 11 years ago)
but other than that I've never been anywhere alone.
I am so looking forward to finding out...who I am when I'm just me:):)!!
You will find, that wonderful person Paul saw when he first met you...He knows you well...You will be amazed at how wonderful you truly are..When someone loves us, they see everything we don't and they love us because of it..Aren't we lucky?

kades

Back
Top Bottom