Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter became close friends with a foreign exchange student from Thailand this year, and she flew out for home today. Several of them were at the airport at 6 am this morning to see her off. They are all so happy and carefree in the pictures, so they made me smile. And of course I'm proud of my baby!!!

driving through Taos New Mexico yesterday and talking about a certain singer who's shirt I was wearing in a restaurant. a man and his wife came to me and started talking, brought back memories and made us all smile.

haven't smiled much the last two or three days. but Saphellae good news about graduation and new job, really did the trick.

always makes me smile to see young people at the beginning of their adventure together.

all the best you two.

babe:cool::cool:

A friend that I haven't heard from in 5 years called me up today and sang "Happy Birthday"---I was so thrilled and touched.......we chatted for hours catching up on each other's lives.....I can't believe that she even remembered after all of these years........

I have no idea---I'd rather all the best wishes go to Katie and Buck......that would be the best birthday present and I think that's where everyone's minds are anyway.........I know mine is......thanks so much pdswife and Maverick.......I appreciate it

Lots of smiles with my visiting kids today, but Katie and Buck are always in the back of my mind. Kids went to a local Splash! Waterpark today and had a great time. Tonight, I cooked all of Jeff's favorite things for dinner - fried chicken, potato salad, corn, watermelon, pound cake with berries and whipped cream. And he did all the dishes! What a great kid I raised. He has such a beautiful family and I'm so proud of him.

I have been babysitting my grandson Josh (age 6) and we have been playing alot of games. Trouble, Sorry, Memory Game and lots of card games. Well, today that little guy beat me at just about everything. He just got done beating me at Crazy Eights and he jumps up, throws his arms up and says, WOW, grandma, this is my lucky day and I've never had one before. :)

Find herself?

Oh man, I thought that was a 70's thing - "finding yourself." I can't tell you how many of my contemporaries did that. I was already a single mom by that time (having left for more legitimate reasons like abuse and alcoholism) and tried to tell them that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. I'm so sorry his momma left - I hope it works out, JoAnn. In the meantime, he will always remember that his grandma was part of his very first "lucky day." He sounds like a great kid. He's lucky to have a wonderful grandma.

Finding herself, she should find herself in court explaining herself and opening her wallet!
The only thing worse than that is hearing a father say "but she gets me better than you do!" to his wife explaining his 20 something girlfriend he is leaving her for!!
Selfishness is selfishness.

Joann,
way to go gramms..That little guy needs you now..To bad mommy didn't find herself before that beautiful little guy was born..He has this Ma's hugs and wishes for more lucky days.
kadesma

This little guy has been going through a lot lately. His mother decided after 8 years of marriage that she wanted to "find herself" and left about 3 weeks ago. It has been so hard on Josh. He said today that everytime he says her name he crys. Thank God he has a wonderful daddy and all of us.
Oh no, JoAnn! This must break your heart. What can you say to a little guy who wants to know why his Mommy left? Thank God he has your warm and gentle love to help him through this. And I sure hope mom finds whatever she's looking for soon so this child doesn't have to cry much longer.

Back
Top Bottom