Leftover Cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
There can't be such a thing!

While in WI, I impulse-bought 1.5 lb package of "veggie" Jack cheese. In my defense, I purchased the smallest package, and stimulated the local economy.

It's okay, it's not bad. But for snacking I prefer something a little stronger.

Thought I might try cheese sauce, but I can't do copious amounts of milk or cream. Anyone have ideas or a recipe for cheese sauce WITH cheese but NOT milk or cream? I'm not very good at sauces in general but I thought this might be a good way to practice.

Any other ideas for this much cheese? I've never made fried cheese.

First world problems.

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1464993517.265308.jpg

Eat anything you want, but make it yourself.

Posting from the app.

A grilled cheese sandwich, scrambled eggs or make friends with a mouse. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

You could grate it, dice it or slice it and package it in meal sized packets then toss it into the freezer.

Use the frozen cheese as needed for topping casseroles, pizza, etc...

No need to thaw it, just sprinkle it onto whatever you are making and pop it into the oven.

Another tip, if you toss the grated cheese with a small amount of bread crumbs, grated Parmesan or Romano before freezing the cheese is less likely to clump together.

Doesn't seem like that much cheese to me, but I eat way too much of the stuff. I don't really have a recipe but would offer the thought that it should keep for a pretty long time in the fridge wrapped in wax paper.

Make Welsh Rarebit with Wisconsin beer, some dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and a few drops Tabasco and serve it as a chip dip or on English muffins. With sliced tomatoes and bacon.

Quesadillas. :yum: You could also use up a good amount of the pepper jack by adding it to some refried beans and leftover pork or beef, throw in some onions, and make burritos.

Back
Top Bottom