Meal Photos - Your favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, I can almost smell that curry! Is the recipe you use for it one you can share?

I've never made my own curry powder. I have all the ingredients, (I think), but I also have about 6 different types of bottled curry powder...:LOL:

I'd love to try yours. :chef:

5 EL Kardamonkapseln/Cardamom
6 EL Koriandersamen/Cilantro
1 EL Gewürznelken/cloves
1 EL Piment/pimento
4 EL Kreuzkümmel/cumin
1 EL Bockshornkleesamen/Fenugreek seeds
2 EL Lemongras
3 EL Pfeffer/pepper
2 EL Muskatblüte/mace
1 EL Chili
1 EL Paprika
3 EL Kurkuma
4 Zimtstangen/cinnamon sticks
7 Sternanis/star-anise
2 Lorbeerblätter/bay leaves
1 Muskatnuss/nutmeg

EL= Table spoon ;o)
best would be to do that in a mortar, but that's rather hard work..

<recipe>
best would be to do that in a mortar, but that's rather hard work..

Thank you very much! I'll use my food processor, as I don't even own a mortar, but I'm sure it'll taste the same!

I'm going to one store today that will have the ingredients I don't already have, I think.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Panko Prawns, bistro meal.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110810_075309.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110810_075309.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 190
babetoo said:
i just spent a wonderful hour on your blog. what lovely food. i emailed several recipes to myself. thanks for the fun.

babe:cool:

Thanks Babetoo. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you have fun cooking up those recipes! Let me know how you go. I would love to see some pics! :)

Wagyu Beef Tenderloin, Fingerling Roasties, Hericot Vert w/ Browned Butter...Shiraz Demi Redux

img_1035896_0_7994b11ea6f397a46ece51eb97d21639.jpg

Miso Chili Glazed Black Cod w/ Lemongrass Scented Basmati and Ginger Sauteed Broccoli Rabe Red Thai Chili Sauce

img_1035896_1_fbf57d0596b8b0a257843496e8747fd0.jpg

Gelato Trio: Tahitian Vanilla, Bitter-Sweet Chocolate, and Seasonal Raspberry. Grown Up Oreo, and Berry Coulis

img_1035896_2_08649d0f59b77b3daef4a6fb62e44765.jpg

Avacado crab with lime gel and mango puree cilantro. i like to experiment at home

Attachments

• DSCN1773.JPG
    DSCN1773.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 178
kronlyn said:
Avacado crab with lime gel and mango puree cilantro. i like to experiment at home

So do I but my experimwnts never look that artistic. :) Of course, if they did the hubby would probably ask why the sauce was on the plate instead of the food. :D

So do I but my experimwnts never look that artistic. :) Of course, if they did the hubby would probably ask why the sauce was on the plate instead of the food. :D

lol, your hubby is right.

i hate it when i order something that clearly states an ingredient that looks really good in the dish, but then that ingredient ends up being a tiny dot on the plate. unless i put the rest of the food in my mouth at once and then lick the plate, how am i supposed to taste them together?

i don't mind an artistic drizzle here and there, but at least some of that gets on the food. there's only so much scraping you can do with a fork.

My favorite "comfort" soup. I use it as a base for any kind of chowder. Add poultry, seafood, beef, pasta .. it's all good !
img_1036238_0_1a5bd4319e74a66cde5ce3d348c3537f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom