Meet Us will you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, as you're headin' from Cleveland to Western NY, and you get about 10 minutes east of Erie on I90 (assuming you are taking I90), and you look off to the left because you can see Lake Erie again, that little podunk town you are looking across to see the lake.... that's where I live.

Well, as you're headin' from Cleveland to Western NY, and you get about 10 minutes east of Erie on I90 (assuming you are taking I90), and you look off to the left because you can see Lake Erie again, that little podunk town you are looking across to see the lake.... that's where I live.
You are actually one of the ones I was hoping to meet--I just hadn't contacted you yet!

Well, you're actually closest to me when you're home lol. You're about 2 hours from me.
I'm still not sure how it could be 2 hours when it takes us 2 hours to get to Columbia :mrgreen:, but I was just thinking the same thing--that we are pretty close to you. We could maybe meet somewhere in the middle, or some weekend we could just drive up there. I've been wanting James to see Aiken anyway, and you're not far from there. :cool:

:)Barbara

You are slooowly working your way north. I should warn you, if you're coming up this way you need to get moving before the weather turns ugly. I suspect a long hard winter so you need to get in and out before October. LOL.

I know you're not coming up here yet, we'll see you sometime though. HUGS!!!

You are slooowly working your way north. I should warn you, if you're coming up this way you need to get moving before the weather turns ugly. I suspect a long hard winter so you need to get in and out before October. LOL.

I know you're not coming up here yet, we'll see you sometime though. HUGS!!!
Yep, I'm afraid it will have to be computer and phone visiting for us for awhile, but we will make it up there as soon as we can!

I'm in Mentor, Ohio, so if you're driving east give a wave. If you stop by I'll give you a fresh loaf of NYT raisin bread. Have a safe trip.

I'm still not sure how it could be 2 hours when it takes us 2 hours to get to Columbia :mrgreen:, but I was just thinking the same thing--that we are pretty close to you. We could maybe meet somewhere in the middle, or some weekend we could just drive up there. I've been wanting James to see Aiken anyway, and you're not far from there. :cool:

You don't know how I drive. :cool:

I based it on the fact that I can get to Charlotte in just over 2 hours.

I can't believe they actually took me up on my offer to meet each other. What a delightful visit I had with James & Barbara. In very short order we were chatting away like we've been friends for many years. We met in a little restaurant that me and DW frequent several times each month, and they had a nice dinner while I had a piece of apple pie a-la-mode. They are now on their way to Erie, PA with a loaf of NYT Cinnamon Raisin bread to share with their next friends.

Thanks for a great evening of fellowship, and I hope the rest of your trip is safe and enjoyable.

JoeV

We had the best time talking with Joe! We talked around 2 hours, and the restaurant closed so we had to leave! I was amazed at how much we all had in common, and the number of "coincidences" that couldn't have been coincidences.

Joe, the bread is great! Thanks! We are working on it right now! It will be hard, but we will save some to share! Maybe. LOL

Barbara:)
P.S. In the picture we are, from left to right, Barbara L, Maidrite (James), and JoeV.

Attachments

• Barbara, James, and Joe.jpg
    Barbara, James, and Joe.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Thanks for the bread Joe V :D
Yep, it was my turn today. I had a very nice time and James and Barbara are as down to earth and easy to be around as everyone's been saying. I'm sure pics will follow :ermm:
We had lunch at a little place in my town named for the last stop of the "underground railroad" used to get the slaves across the lake into Canada back in Civil War times, Freeport. We talked for darn near three hours and I'm not usually a talkative person until I've had 18 or 20 beers in me :LOL: Maybe If I did have, I would have thought to tell them how the restaurant got its name :wacko:

Your bread was very tasty Joe, and I can't wait until tomorrow morning to butter some up and have with my morning coffee.

Dang, I missed you guys, I live 45 minutes north of Erie, Just off I-86. I would have loved to meet you guys. Oh well maybe another time, Hope you having a great trip. Stay safe.

Dang, I missed you guys, I live 45 minutes north of Erie, Just off I-86. I would have loved to meet you guys. Oh well maybe another time, Hope you having a great trip. Stay safe.

I thought 45 minutes north of Erie was Ontario :huh:
:LOL:

Yeah, maybe the PMs should habe been public messages instead. I knew you weren't far away..... over by Chautauqua Lake?... I know I've seen Ashville somewhere.

I live about 3 miles from where the bridge crosses the lake. The bottom of my road over looks the lake and bridge. Beautiful on a bright sunny morning.

I'll bet that's a pretty sight! I always liked that lake. Used to ice fish it a couple times a month years ago.

Not a nice as it use to be, this was the first year in quite awhile that it wasn't overrun by weeds. Never been ice fishing, but I grew up just over the train tracks from the lake and spent most of my summers doing something on the lake.

Back
Top Bottom