Mel's Delight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Mel's Delight

A local Deli worker (Melanie) dreamed this'n up............

2 slices Russian Pumpernickel
3 (thin) slices liverwurst
2 slices fresh tomato
2 slices provolone
4 sweet pickle slices
2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard

Slather one side of one slice of the bread and place on plate, slathered side up.
place the pickles on the bread, one slice of the cheese on the pickles, one slice of the tomato on the cheese, arrange the liverwurst slices on the tomato, place the other slice of cheese on the liverwurst, the other slice of tomato on the cheese. Slather the second slice of bread and place, slathered side down to top the sandwich.

Slice on the diagonal and serve with a few extra sweet pickle slices at the side of the plate.

Also works well with yellow mustard.
Mel's Delight 003.jpg

Mel's Delight

A local Deli worker (Melanie) dreamed this'n up............

2 slices Russian Pumpernickel
3 (thin) slices liverwurst
2 slices fresh tomato
2 slices provolone
4 sweet pickle slices
2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard

Slather one side of one slice of the bread and place on plate, slathered side up.
place the pickles on the bread, one slice of the cheese on the pickles, one slice of the tomato on the cheese, arrange the liverwurst slices on the tomato, place the other slice of cheese on the liverwurst, the other slice of tomato on the cheese. Slather the second slice of bread and place, slathered side down to top the sandwich.

Slice on the diagonal and serve with a few extra sweet pickle slices at the side of the plate.

Also works well with yellow mustard.
View attachment 33130

Perfect timing. I have been craving pumpernickel bread for some time now. (putting it on the shopping list) and I really love liverwurst (putting it on the list) and my cheese loving DH probably has some Provolone Yipeeee!!!!!

THANKS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom