Merle H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merle H

Assistant Cook
I live in Christchurch New Zealand and have recently retired at the age of 72 as a PA to a construction firm. Been married for 50 years and we had a family of 5 daughters. I made a recipe book of old tried and true recipes for each of my daughters and granddaughters and was truly amzed at the re-action from them all. They loved it. It was a book of good nourishing recipes for a family. With so many TV type dinners on sale a lot of young people do not seem to know the basics. One remark I treasure was from a teen-aged grandson who told his Mum that Gran made spaghetti Bolonaise without buying a bottle of 5 brothers!:LOL:.
Would like to hear from people who have old family recipes from other parts of the world.
Cheers Merle

Last edited:
:)Welcome Merle,I dont have old family recipes but others here do. I think you will like it here. Alot of good things happen here.

Well, as I don't have a family, I don't have any secret recipes to share. In any case, I just wanted to welcome you to DC!

Welcome to DC Merle! When I left home, I just raided mum's recipe cards and wrote out the recipes that I liked or meant something to me. Unfortunately, mum tells me (some ten years later I might add) that some of those recipes weren't the ones she actually used, and even worse, when I have gone to make a couple I have discovered that they don't actually have all the details and that some of them acted more as memory joggers for her!!!! So, as I had more cook books than she did by the time I left, I just look for new recipes!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom