Milder Chicken Wing Sauces?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Less hot was the goal. But I was hoping non dairy more healthy liquid to cut the hot sauce down with.
Did you look at the link to the list of wing sauces I posted? You can use barbecue sauce, lemon-pepper sauce, garlic-Parmesan sauce, a vinaigrette... There are all sorts of options.

Btw, don't get too hung up on the fat. Whether it's butter, oil, mayo or whatever, a certain amount is necessary for the body to break down and absorb fat-soluble vitamins. It also contributes to satiety - the feeling of satisfaction you get from having a good meal. This helps prevent overeating. Enjoy your food [emoji2]

Did you look at the link to the list of wing sauces I posted? You can use barbecue sauce, lemon-pepper sauce, garlic-Parmesan sauce, a vinaigrette... There are all sorts of options.

Btw, don't get too hung up on the fat. Whether it's butter, oil, mayo or whatever, a certain amount is necessary for the body to break down and absorb fat-soluble vitamins. It also contributes to satiety - the feeling of satisfaction you get from having a good meal. This helps prevent overeating. Enjoy your food [emoji2]
+1 I agree enjoy your meal.

A recent medical study suggests that eating "heat" increases the death rate:
Lindell Bromham, Alexander Skeels, Hilde Schneemann, Russell Dinnage, Xia Hua. There is little evidence that spicy food in hot countries is an adaptation to reducing infection risk. Nature Human Behaviour, 2021; DOI: 10.1038/s41562-020-01039-8

Less hot was the goal. But I was hoping non dairy more healthy liquid to cut the hot sauce down with.

Well, you can't get any less dairy than margarine. It is Crisco with yellow dye #5 added for colour. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and has very little flavour of its own, which will be overpowered by the hot sauce. You can make your own 'vegan butter' to replace the butter in the original recipe. But like Mikey's brothers said in the Life commercial, "I'm not gonna try it. You try it!"

Last edited:
A recent medical study suggests that eating "heat" increases the death rate:
Lindell Bromham, Alexander Skeels, Hilde Schneemann, Russell Dinnage, Xia Hua. There is little evidence that spicy food in hot countries is an adaptation to reducing infection risk. Nature Human Behaviour, 2021; DOI: 10.1038/s41562-020-01039-8
It's says spicy foods don't decrease infection risk. It has nothing to do with the death rate.
This article has a fuller explanation of the study.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210204120108.htm

Last edited:
Like Got Garlic, I read https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210204120108.htm. Then I went to the original academic article, and there is evidence of greater mortality. Had Got Garlic argued the evidence that capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) kills people is very weak, I would agree, but that’s not what Got Garlic claimed. Got Garlic mistakenly claimed there was no evidence than capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) kills people, but there is.

Got Garlic’s summary of the findings of the article is correct, but wrong because the article is wrong. The article states that its purpose is to test the Darwinian hypothesis that capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) are concentrated in hot climates because heat spoils meat and capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) retard meat spoilage, but the article fails to do that because the Darwinian hypothesis applies to per-refrigeration, but the article looks at current (refrigerated) meat storage, and when you refrigerate meat, it reduces spoilage, just like capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) did before refrigeration.

Supporting the Darwinian hypothesis on capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) is the fact that capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) do not affect the nerves that “taste” food-- taste buds and olfactory nerves. Capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) active the nerve that detects pain. When you eat capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers), your body tells you to stop it; you are doing harm, and death is the final harm.

Like Got Garlic, I read https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210204120108.htm. Then I went to the original academic article, and there is evidence of greater mortality. Had Got Garlic argued the evidence that capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) kills people is very weak, I would agree, but that’s not what Got Garlic claimed. Got Garlic mistakenly claimed there was no evidence than capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) kills people, but there is.
Did you buy the article? The link you provided only shows the abstract. Or if you have a link that doesn't go to a paywall, I'd like to see it. Btw, you can address me directly.

Got Garlic’s summary of the findings of the article is correct, but wrong because the article is wrong. The article states that its purpose is to test the Darwinian hypothesis that capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) are concentrated in hot climates because heat spoils meat and capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) retard meat spoilage, but the article fails to do that because the Darwinian hypothesis applies to per-refrigeration, but the article looks at current (refrigerated) meat storage, and when you refrigerate meat, it reduces spoilage, just like capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) did before refrigeration.
And this is all irrelevant to the claim you're making: that it shows that eating a lot of hot peppers increases the death rate.

You should inform the people in India, Thailand, the Caribbean and elsewhere where hot peppers are a large part of the diet.

Supporting the Darwinian hypothesis on capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) is the fact that capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) do not affect the nerves that “taste” food-- taste buds and olfactory nerves. Capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers) active the nerve that detects pain. When you eat capsaicin containing foods (hot chili peppers), your body tells you to stop it; you are doing harm, and death is the final harm.
That conclusion is not supported by the article you cited. You provided it yourself, with no evidence or explanation.

Back
Top Bottom