Monday, 1/9/2017, what's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done wings in the oven, but nothing beats them on the grill.

My SousChef knows that too, so weenie that I am, the smart man I married makes a nest for me to grill them complete with a heater, my reader, a glass of wine, and good old music by dead people. It makes me happy, and keeps us well fed.

Everything I learned about grilled wings was from Pac, and I miss him like crazy.
I cut the tips off the whole wings (save the tips) and cut through the skin web of the two joints, then marinate the wings in a Baggie for several hours. I only have a gas grill, and I use a disposable pan to simmer the wings on the grill in the marinade for about 20 min. Then I cook the wings on the open grill till charred and nearly done, returning them to the reduced marinade in the disposable grill pan to finish.
Thanks to Pac, I've been grilling perfect wings every time for years.

What ever happened to Pac? I was hoping he was still here. Very interesting and funny guy.

K-L, do you ever run into problems with flare ups from the fat of the wings when you grill them?

BT, I grill wings frequently. I start them out at a lower flame then crank it up to crisp the skin. No real flare up issues.

Thanks, Andy. 'll have to try it on really low. Actually, I need to replace the burner tubes in my grill. I only have 2 very hot spots on the grill, and the restis fairly useless.

Back
Top Bottom