Monday 3/13/17 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have lemon curd cooking in the Instant Pot to go with homemade yogurt. Also a test run to see if I can use this for lemon meringue pie filling.

Dinner plan is individual crustless quiche using 1/2 pint ball jars in the Instant Pot. Planning on whipping eggs with a bit of cream cheese and milk. Add-ins will be chopped baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, chopped tomato, bacon, Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese. I also have some mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan and scallions if anyone wants. Everyone can choose what they want.

I'm fixin' to make a potato salad, will give half to the neighbors and keep some for me.

Dinner will be a scoop of the 'tater salad and a nice big steamed artichoke. :yum:

I'm fixin' to make a potato salad, will give half to the neighbors and keep some for me.

Dinner will be a scoop of the 'tater salad and a nice big steamed artichoke. :yum:
Ooooooo I want tater salad. Yum

I am planning stuffed artichokes for Easter.

Would love some potato salad. Yum!

Tuna noodle casserole tonight. Found some of those good Amish egg noodles in the cupboard.

I thawed some Alaskan pollock and I have some extra asparagus that needs to be used, so pan-fried fish and rice pilaf with roasted asparagus.

MsM and Dawg....I wish I could send you some potato salad, I made a boatload! Between me and the neighbors, I'll have to take another bowl of it over to my brother. :LOL:

A light sprinkling of Penzey's Spanish smoked paprika really puts it over the top. Love that stuff. :yum:

MsM, stuffed artichokes sounds really good. I haven't done them that way in way too long.

Supposed to put together fish tacos but... I had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich about 11AM so, maybe the tacos will wait until tomorrow...

Anything, just to fire up the outdoor grill......now that I've got some daylight left when I get home from work.

Viva, Banzai, Park Drive Bar & Grill!

Last edited:
MsM and Dawg....I wish I could send you some potato salad, I made a boatload! Between me and the neighbors, I'll have to take another bowl of it over to my brother. :LOL:

A light sprinkling of Penzey's Spanish smoked paprika really puts it over the top. Love that stuff. :yum:

MsM, stuffed artichokes sounds really good. I haven't done them that way in way too long.
I am planning to do them in my Instant Pot hopefully it will be quick and easy.

We had doc appt's so then we went to Longhorn Steakhouse for an early dinner. We both got the 6 oz. sirloin, salad, mashed. Wife slathered a 50/50 mix of ketchup/A1 on the plate to dip the steak in. Ugh.

I think I'll throw a pizza together for a 9PM snack later. I have a ball of dough.

Got my new appliances delivered last week, and had the last of them hooked up today. So tonight I'm giving the new stove an inaugural run. I decided to reverse sear a ribeye. One of the reviews on this particular model (a Kenmore) said that the burner temps don't get that hot. Well, I'm not quite sure what was up with the reviewer's stove, but I can tell you mine gets unbelievably hot. So hot, in fact, I had to turn it down to medium because the meat began to smoke after about 20 seconds on medium high.

So Chipotle Crusted Ribeye tonight, and a side of Caesar Slaw.

img_1502572_0_9b2cd2876cfa29ee272d099bda99a668.jpg

Got my new appliances delivered last week, and had the last of them hooked up today. So tonight I'm giving the new stove an inaugural run. I decided to reverse sear a ribeye. One of the reviews on this particular model (a Kenmore) said that the burner temps don't get that hot. Well, I'm not quite sure what was up with the reviewer's stove, but I can tell you mine gets unbelievably hot. So hot, in fact, I had to turn it down to medium because the meat began to smoke after about 20 seconds on medium high.

img_1502573_0_9b2cd2876cfa29ee272d099bda99a668.jpg

That looks wonderful! What's in Caesar slaw?

img_1502576_0_9b2cd2876cfa29ee272d099bda99a668.jpg

That's a weird looking ribeye but I wouldn't turn it down. Looks delicious and perfectly cooked for me.

Cheddar brats, slaw, sauted onions and no bean chili. I had mine in a low carb wrap, she in a bun, I had pork rinds, she had potato chips. All things fair in love, war and low carb diet.

Your dinner looks great Steve, and we need to see new kitchen pictures to check out your new toys!

RF....I'm with you about the pleasures of grilling with daylight!! Woo Hoo

I'm grilling a mess of wings that have been marinating in Goya Mojo/Sambal Oelek, along with a basket of marinated veggies. Garlic toast for the SC.

Steve....! What a beautiful and perfectly cooked steak! :yum: I'm happy to hear your first meal on your new range was such a success. I've always been happy with my Kenmore range too - it's about 8 years old now.

Just Cooking...you just reminded me it's time for fish tacos again here, too. I love those and never get tired of them. :yum:

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom