Monday Meals - 2/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp & Grits, Air Fries, Lefty Harvard Beets, and the ever-present Side Salad...

Shrimp & Grits.jpg

Vietnamese short ribs (braised) over coconut grits, with pickled carrots and radishes.

Attachments

• 2020-02-17 18.33.10.jpg
    2020-02-17 18.33.10.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 112
Sorry no hat trick. No grits here.

Chicken parmesan and stuffed artichoke.

chicken_parm_artichoke_021720_1_IMG_6712.jpg

chicken_parm_artichoke_021720_2_IMG_6713.jpg

chicken_parm_artichoke_021720_3_IMG_6715.jpg

Stirling is making a very large pot of pasta sauce. I sous-chefed. We are both pooped out, so we ordered Greek food.

Leftovers - and it had better be the last of them! [emoji38] One brat with kraut, breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes. Also made fresh veggies - roasted cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli. All divied up between the two of us.

WOW..what great dinners tonight! It's always fun to celebrate great cooking with friends.

We had a favorite dinner tonight..
Loin lamb chops seasoned with HdP/garlic/salt and pan fried on all four sides in the carbon steel skillet till med. rare. We love Coleman's mint sauce with them.
Steamed broccoli to just crisp tender and seasoned with butter/garlic/salt/Accent
"Onion Beefy Orzo" is one of our favorite quick sides..
1 cup Orzo/2 cups water/1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup/ simmered for 15 min. and chopped fresh parsley from our tiny herb garden added at the last. It's an easy dinner that makes us both happy.:chef:

Attachments

• P2170026.jpg
    P2170026.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 102
"Onion Beefy Orzo" is one of our favorite quick sides..
1 cup Orzo/2 cups water/1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup/ simmered for 15 min. and chopped fresh parsley from our tiny herb garden added at the last. It's an easy dinner that makes us both happy.:chef:

That's very interesting.. :yum: :)

Ross

Oh.. We had Mexican hotdogs, rice and refried black beans..

Individual pies for dessert.. Cherry and peach..

That's very interesting.. :yum: :)

Ross

Oh.. We had Mexican hotdogs, rice and refried black beans..

Individual pies for dessert.. Cherry and peach..

What's a Mexican hot dog?

We had cjicken chop suey with bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, carrot, onion and snap peas, witj long grain white rice and butter, and store-bought sweet and sour sauce. For desert, a cold, ripe pear. Sadly, we were out of soy sauce.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

What's a Mexican hot dog?

We had cjicken chop suey with bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, carrot, onion and snap peas, witj long grain white rice and butter, and store-bought sweet and sour sauce. For desert, a cold, ripe pear. Sadly, we were out of soy sauce.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Tortilla, onion, shredded cheese, chilies (anything else you like) topped by wiener, rolled and fried.

Ross

I made this:

https://www.foodland.com/recipe/local-style-beef-stew

… a few days ago and left it to 'marry'.

I had a date this afternoon with the Neighborhood-Gals to play Mexican Train, never heard of it and it was fun!

IMG_5477.jpg

Knowing that I wouldn't have time to prepare dinner for us two, I made a fresh pot of steamed White Rice prior to leaving and once it was the appropriate hour, I reheated the Stew and it was ONO (delicious in Hawaiian :yum:)

Back
Top Bottom