National Chocolate Covered Anything Day ~ Dinner Thread 12/16/2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH still isn't feeling well, so no Chocolate anything here, but we are having a super nice bowl of Saimin with all the fixin's
S and S Saimin Won Ton Mein Deluxe.JPG
We have Spam, (for me only) Shrimp, Baby Bok Choi, Kamaboko aka Japanese steamed Fish Cake, TJ's Pork & Veg Gyoza and of course the noodles - S&S brand Saimin frozen from Hawaii.... ONO!!! (that's delicious in Hawaiian)
In Hawaii we would call this Won Ton Mein Deluxe. :clap:

That looks like a bowl of comfort food, @Kaneohegirlinaz. I hope it fixes your DH.

We finished up the beef - more hot beef sandwiches on homemade country bread. A can of corn and the last of a bag of frozen skinny green beans completed dinner. We'll have some homemade black walnut ice cream a little later.

20221216_201409.jpg

And finally, today is the 75th birthday of the transistor. A little seed of technology was moved from Bell Labs in NJ. to the fertile soil of the Silicon Valley, growing into the technology we enjoy today.

Stir-steamed vegetables: broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, zucchini, onions, carrots, cactus leaves with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a touch of vinegar. Served with brown basmati rice. Dessert, a vegan chocolate silk pie with oat crust.

We tried out the last of Les Filles Fatouches' shish taouk marinated chicken breasts tonight. I didn't really notice any difference between this "spicy red shish taouk marinated chicken breasts" and their "red shish taouk marinated chicken breasts". It was really delicious in any case. I served that with roasted sunchokes and a salad of Boston lettuce, young rainbow chard, sorrel, napa cabbage, scallion greens, and a white carrot and my batch vinaigrette.

Attachments

• Shish taouk marinated chicken, roasted sunroots, roasted mushrooms, and salad with homemade vi...jpg
    Shish taouk marinated chicken, roasted sunroots, roasted mushrooms, and salad with homemade vi...jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Shish taouk marinated chicken, roasted sunroots, and salad.jpg
    Shish taouk marinated chicken, roasted sunroots, and salad.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Shish taouk marinated chicken, roasted sunroots, roasted mushrooms, and salad.jpg
    Shish taouk marinated chicken, roasted sunroots, roasted mushrooms, and salad.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 2
I made a small pot, three bowls, of vegetable beef with barley soup to warm up the kitchen and steam up the window.

Sugar free vanilla ice cream with walnuts and a drizzle of sugar free maple flavored syrup for afters.

My 'go to' Haddock c Potato with Lemon 'n Thyme, no brussels tonight as I ate them all the other day. (my stock picture)
20160217_161134.jpg 20160217_153023.jpg 20160217_160810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom