New from Oklahoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elfstone

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm just getting into canning and preserving the items out of our garden. I grow blueberries, strawberries & make my own Pesto with homegrown basil and parsley. :chef:

I expect to learn a lot...

Belinda

Welcome to DC, Belinda. We have a few here who can and garden. I am neither...I just like to cook and eat!

Have fun here!

Welcome to DC! I am one who does a lot of preserving...and gardening. Although, our garden season is just starting now. Yesterday we planted two apricot trees...maybe we'll have apricots in 3-4 years (supposedly they produce fruit when 5-6 years old--and these were 2 year-old trees). I am really excited about the apricot trees <g>.

I make a pesto from corriander. I've also made it using swiss chard and basil. Easy ways to use up a lot of what's in the garden <g>.

Hi and thanks. I grow way too much basil & parsley; I was thinking of trying to market some of my excess Pesto to local Farmers Markets as a way to supplement our income. The same with my blueberry production. I just love blueberry BBQ sauce on any kind of pork. LOL.

Belinda

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom