I have a very picky family so I am use to cooking very simple recipes. I don’t have too many authentic latino dishes, but listed below is what I do have.
Here are a few tips for picky eaters:
1.Any ingredients your not sure they will like; chop them really, really fine and put them into the dish.
2.Any ingredients that can be cooked such as onions, peppers, garlic, ect. Cook for a very long time in some butter until they are very limp. The more you cook them the softer and sweeter they become.
3.If they don’t like tomatoes try chopping up some cherry or grape tomatoes and put them into the dish. These are very sweet
4.For vegetables such as broccoli and asparagus I have to cook them until they are very soft and limp and then dredge them in cheese.
Fiesta Skillet Dinner
Taco seasoning mix
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup uncooked instant rice
½ cup water
2 (14.5oz.) cans chunky tomatoes with seasoning
4 oz. (1cup) Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook gound beef with taco seasoning in skillet. Drain
2. Stir in rice, water, and tomatoes. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender (appx. 5-6 minutes).
3. Stir in cheese and serve over tortilla chips.
Ground Beef Wrap-ups
1 ¼ pounds lean ground round
2 t. salt, or to taste
2 (8oz.) packages crescent rolls
1 (8oz.) pack shredded cheddar cheese or more depending on taste
½ onion chopped
toppings: Whatever you like. I prefer sour cream, scallions, lettuce, and tomato
Preheat oven to 375
1. Cook ground beef, salt, and onion until meat is brown.
2. Roll out first package of crescent rolls onto baking sheet. Separate into 4 individual squares. Do not separate into triangles. Make sure preferated edges are sealed. Place beef mixture into each square leaving room on sides. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
3. Open second pack or crescent rolls and place same square piece over each wrap and seal together. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
4. Place wraps in oven. Bake 13 minutes. Top with desired ingredients.
Pork Shoulder Mix Burrito
1 can drained tomatoes (large)
2 chipolte pepper (dark red can)
toppings: Any toppings you like. I use Cilantro, alvacado, sour cream, cheese
1.Put slits in pork and put slivers of garlic in them. Place pork into pot of simmering water. Simmer until pork starts to fall apart. Shred
2. Put meat into frying pan with chopped onion and cook until brown.
3.Process tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, and peppers
4.Put into pan with pork and salt and pepper
5.Put into burrito and top
Mexi Funk Enchilada Suiza
-Cook 6-8 chicken breast in some water with desired spices.
-I use dried cilantro, cumin, seasoned salt, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper.
-In a large bowl combine, chicken, 5-6 roma or grape tomatoes chopped, 2-3 jalapenos chopped very fine, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 16 oz. sour cream,4 cups cheese Monterey and cheddar. (leave a little for top)
-Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
-Serve on tortillas with lettuce or with chips as a dip
You will find under this section labeled tortilla soup
Sour cream chicken enchiladas
1 (8oz.) container sour cream
1 (8oz.) container nonfat plain yougurt
1 (10 ¾ oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (4oz.) can diced green chiles
12 (6-7inch) flour tortillas.
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
¼ cup sliced green onions
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 inch (3qt) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine sour cream, yougurt, soup and chiles; mix well.
2. Spoon about 3 T. sour cream mixture down center of tortilla. Reserve ¼ cup of the cheese; sprinkle tortillas with remaining cheese, chicken and onions. Roll up; place in sprayed dish close together. Spoon remaining sour cream mixture over tortillas. Cover with foil.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubble. Remove foil; sprinkle with reserved ¼ cup cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
If you try any of these recipes let me know how they turn out. I hope their helpful.