Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Dawn, for the words and the prayers. We have asked that ALL test results from the hospital be sent to her family doctor and when they are there we are going in to have her go over them all. She is feeling a little better, but is only eating clear fluids and crackers!

The new job is getting a very very slow start. I was supposed to have three days of training and then start work. It's been six days now. Two in the classroom and four sitting at a desk with another girl, watching her type all day. The reason.... they can't seem to get an account set up for me. First, the guy who was filling in for my boss filled the papers out wrong. Then after my boss filled them in correctly another girl with my SAME name started on the same day and some how this caused a HUGE problem. Now I've been put in some waiting line, who knows how long said line is and how long it will take. With out an account, I can't be placed in a desk, giving a phone or a computer or do any work! They say it won't hold my pay check up but..I'm having trouble believing that.

Do you know how long 8 hours take to go by when you're doing NOTHING?? I feel like I've been waiting in the dentists waiting room reading 5 year old magazines. Sigh......

I really feel for you. DD's BF, who has been doing maintenance for years got a job at a small department store and the first two days he followed someone around the store "learning the layout". The next day it rained and he had to place 57 buckets under 57 leaks in the roof....that was the whole days work! Reason......they didn't want to put to much pressure on him the first week. Duh, it is MAINTENANCE!!!!

I think maybe you SHOULD come over and help me with baking today!!! I will dirty enough spoons to make it worth the 6 hour round trip!!!!

Other than increased pain in my leg and arms, today has been a great day. No, that is not a vent, but I am writing it hear to bring some closure to my previous vents.

1. My daughter finally has an official diagnosis - acute (as opposed to chronic) colitis. She has to watch her diet during attacks and has an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to figure out where to from here. She is also meeting with a friend who has chronic colitis on Saturday to discuss how to cope. She may be moving back in with us partly because of my experience with special diets. While this diagnosis isn't the best news, at least she knows where she stands now and we can all work towards her getting better.

2. I finally heard from the second surgeon's office and have an appointment for 2 weeks from now (better than the 6 months I was told!). It turns out that the other surgeon's secretary sent the referral in with my xrays and it was supposed to be faxed ahead of them. But when the new doctor's assistant got xrays that didn't match a patient wouldn't she look? (oops, that's a vent).

Anyway, things seem to be falling into place - thanks for listening.

News travel fast of large War party...many braves, many arrows...headed north...

Thanks Uncle Bob, I know that is what got things going. Can you keep them on the ready in case I get the runaround at my appointment? I guess this means I better get posting that twuffle wecipe!

The update today from the ENT surgeon is that Justin will undergo a needle biopsy on June 2nd. This biopsy will tell us if it's a swollen lymph node or the original diagnosis of a thyroglossal duct cyst. Whatever it is will have to be surgically removed.

ok venting 1,2,3

1. once more waiting for handy man.

2. waiting for gal to bring me papers, she promised for eleven am

3. waiting for son to come and see new floor.

if people don't intend to do the things they promise, why do they promise.

babe

Babe, in some cases they don't mean to break promises, but they should call to let you know they won't be there or will be late. As for your handyman, isn't he always late? I do feel for you though - waiting for others is not fun.

Babe, in some cases they don't mean to break promises, but they should call to let you know they won't be there or will be late. As for your handyman, isn't he always late? I do feel for you though - waiting for others is not fun.

yes the handyman is always late, i think being late or not coming at all is a form of passive aggressive behavior. as in "u can't tell me what to do.

the paper person finally called about four pm. says will be here in am. lol

son is just a no show. i try to make allowances for him as he has a lot on his plate, always. oh well, guess they don't think my time is worth anything.

babe

fer 5 HOURS, i've listened to jake & his halo 3 game with him complaining over his headset.

Last edited:
I'm havin' a time with an insect sting. Don't know what it was/is. I'm highly allergic and am a bit concerned.

I was stung on the underside of my right arm, on the inside of the elbow. This happened early this morning. I brushed the stinger out of my arm and immediately wiped some "After Bite" onto the area and, then, took one Benadryl pill.

At least I'm still alive. That could've been a problem.

However, my arm now looks like Popeye's arm and is soooooo itchy and warm I can hardly stand it. I'm sure it's my own personal allergic reaction. I'm not too concerned because I'm not dizzy and my heart rate is normal.

I'll take another Benadryl before bed and see what things look like in the morning.

I 'yam what I 'yam!!!!

Was woken up @0710 Thurs. morning to get the second oldest boy up, dressed, and off to school. Upon sitting up, realized I had a headache. No biggie, I get headaches quite often, from being dehydrated frequently. SOP treatment, take a couple Ibuprofen, and drink a large glass of water.

Got Justin off to school. Headache getting worse. Water out of the tap tasted really funny.

About 9:30 emptied the contents of my stomach into the sink. Yuck. PeppA was out-and-about running an errand, so I called her to let her know I wasn't feeling good. Great. Still have dishes to do, and mow the yard.

About 10:30, finished with dishes. Laid down for a rest.

11:45, woken up by PeppA, saying, "I need to run to the gas station. Come with me, some fresh air will do you good."

Walked out, grabbed a Gatorade (still thinking I'm dehydrated), and downed that with another couple Ibuprofen.

12:15, on the way home, emptied contents of stomach AGAIN. Great. Got home, called the boss with bad news.

Laid in bed the rest of the day. Slept a good part of it.

It's now 0037 hours FRIDAY morning. I'm feeling better, kept supper down at least. However, due to all the extra sleep, I'm no where near ready to go to bed soon. What's worse, is that Friday morning is my morning to get the oldest son up @ 0600 for school. Storms are moving into the area, so I'll probably stay up to watch them come in, then it's off to bed.

Last edited:
Katie, If your is still swollen I would go see a doctor. I am highly allergic to bug bites as well and they are nothing to mess with.

Allen, our border had your same symptoms at the beginning of the week and is just starting to feel better. Take good care of yourself and try to get whatever fluids and food down as you can, even if it is just juice and toast.

I hope you are both better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom