Pull up a Chair Stay Awhile Barber Shop !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara L said:
And he's so much cuter without that stupid goatee, mustache, and ponytail! (it was more of a rat-tail) He grew them because he has a baby face. I love him without them because he has a baby face!

:) Barbara

i made my babe cut his long hair very early on in our relationship. i don't mind his goatee and moustache, though.
i got to shave his head. THAT was neat.

Barbara "IS NOT" going to shave my head!:furious: :furious: :furious:

But She can shave the hair on my back and the back of my neck!:-p :ohmy: :wacko:

uh-oh, lol! them's is 'fightin words.
i'll throw $20 down on barbara. where's our bookie choc? we need her to take bets.
can't wait to see a picture of your new do, maidrite!:LOL:

Uh-oh! I just realized that if I shave his head, I will be the one who has to look at him! I like some men bald, but I definitely cannot picture him like that. Plus, his hair is just too fun to run my fingers through! Nope, can't do it!

aw, well, it is pretty nice to run your fingers through your guy's hair. my babe let his grow a little after i shaved it and it looks very nice now.
his Mom was rather happy after he cut it!:LOL:

Barbara, I think it's time for you to be pampered. You've worked your tail off all year, and Summer School is rapidly approaching.
So, here's the menu:
1. Deep cleansing mint shampoo followed by Deep Conditioning treatment under the hood dryer.
2. Manicure with hand massage, with buff for a natural shine.
3. Pedicure with leg and foot massage, pale pink polish.
4. Lunch catered by Paula Deen.
5. Full body massage, with extra attention to the shoulders.
6. Facial, followed by a soak in the spa with cucumbers on your eyes.
7. Subtle hi-lights and lo-lights throughout the hair for extra depth in your color.
8. Haircut (but not too much - we just want to get those ends looking healthy)
8. Blow dry.
9. Shine serum on the hair.
10. Subtle makeup on the face for natural enhancement.
11. A spritz of your favorite fragrance.

Okay! How do you feel?

jkath said:
Barbara, I think it's time for you to be pampered. You've worked your tail off all year, and Summer School is rapidly approaching. ...How do you feel?
I feel great jkath! Thanks. I had to laugh when you said Summer School is rapidly approaching. We've already finished our first week of Summer School! Three more to go.

Goodness! Already? I thought it started on Monday for you. Our schools get out on Thursday....which means it's going to be Disneyland time very soon!

Middie, I saw you walk in - feel free to take advantage of all those services, except I think we should go lighter on the hair color for you, and I'm thinking either pale silvery blue or a dark blue for your toes.

yeah, pale silvery blue.
sigh, long day, gang. i'm beat.
just checking in to see how yins all are.
i'm heading over to the cafe to get some dessert. i think there's cheesecake. anyone need anything?

I need a Platnum Blond hair color job Jkath, Just don't tell Barbara she will have a hissy fit. I think she would like it when its done though!

Luvs, I mailed it myself so its on the way!:stuart:
Barbara is so Happy she has been wanting one !:w00t2: :w00t2: :clap: :clap: :w00t2: :w00t2:

Luvs, I'm thinking I want to put a pink streak in your hair. Like a nice, deep pink.
And, maybe make it a 4-strand braid, and weave in some pretty rose quart chips that have holes drilled in them for beading. They're smooth, so they won't hurt if you flip your hair around.
(sad thing is, I know this first hand, only they were amethysts....)

Platinum it is, Maidrite...but I warn you, you've had so many processes done, that your hair may fall out in chunks. Here, sign this waiver that says I'm not responsible in any way............. <handing Maidrite the pen>

okay, maidrite! yours is a-comin in 2 or 3 days.:)

jkath, lets go for green instread.
lol, i was thinking about if i should put a streak in my hair after you brought it up, and i just decided to get one. gotta get out to Tela Ropa and get some bleach and green dye. wait, i guess not. i just looked them up on yahoo and they aren't located in pittsburgh anymore. they got raided awhile ago so maybe that had something to do with it. or maybe the rent got too high. i'll have to ask around and find out why. shows how observant i am, lol; i drive by the old store 3 times a week.
i'll have to find a new place to get some dye.

Last edited:
I was in excruciating pain today, plus had a big paper due tonight (MAJOR paper due in 9 days), so I think I need to shock my system. Could I please have a magenta dye job, along with peacock blue (my absolute favorite color) finger nails and toenails? I'll let you surprise me with the hair style.

Ok jkath I have changed my mind I want a Skunk Hairdo, Barbara just couldn't be upset with that and it shouldn't make my hair fall out!:cool:

Great Luvs Barbara will be there Drooling and waiting!:rolleyes:

Okay, Barbara...you are done!
<<spinning the chair around to reveal the new "Barb" with a magenta updo, soft tendrils around the face and neckline, with a beautiful hair pin keeping it up, made from peacock blue vintage crystals set in pewter.
Nails and toes are peacock blue, as is the new Anne Taylor sheath dress and matching pumps. A lovely magenta bag with a peacock and pewter handle is the final touch.

What do you think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom