Pulled Pork Time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Spent parts of yesterday and today smoking, roasting, pulling and packaging a pork butt. A few days ago I rubbed a whole bone-in butt, wrapped and refrigerated it for two days. Yesterday, I fired up the Weber kettle and smoked it over hickory for a few hours then moved it into the oven to finish cooking.

It reached ideal internal temp about 3:30AM so I took it out of the oven and broke it down to cool a bit then refrigerated it overnight. Today I pulled and packaged it into 4 ounce portions which are in the freezer right now. We ended up with 20-4oz bags for future pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, etc. There would have been more but the chef has to sample the product to ensure perfection. It came out really good this time.

Thank heaven for our slow cooker! I rub a pork butt, refrigerate it overnight, and then pop it into the slow cooker. When it starts to fall apart, I remove it, let it cool a bit, and then package it in two sandwich portions. Love pulled pork sandwiches for lunch!

Here in the midwest. pulled pork season kicks off in September. Too bad pork butt does not go on sale until November. I'll make more in January.

Some of us are extreme night owls! And, as Himself says all the time, someone has to wake up the birds.

Good to see you, @KatyCooks. Glad to see you popping in again.
I'm popping in at weekends CG! During the week, the time difference means it's impossible to be here more often as I'm not getting any younger! However, I've really enjoyed my return. :)

Back
Top Bottom