Question to Food Bloggers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betterthanabox

Senior Cook
I have been writing my blog for about 9 months and have found some interesting things over that time.

One thing I noticed is that baked goods and junk food have the highest number of hits. Have you found that to be true? If so what did you do? I can't bake and eat junk all the time.

Thanks for your help,

Joy

I don't blog. Hmmm...could be reflective of the type of things people make (given how many prepared foods there are out there).

I never thought of that.
if you cast a eyeball into the baskets of your fellow shoppers in the supermarket, you'll get a an idea of "what people are eating"

I pretty much fix stuff everything scratch - just don't buy the prepared meals / dishes / sides. true, I have the time & energy to do that, not everyone does, or wants to.

time to time I see an obviously overweight stay at home mom with 2-3 portly kids trundling through the supermarket with a cart filled to the brim with sugar snacks / foods, frozen 'entrees'/dishes of most every sort - your basic "nuke it" diet. no fruits, no (fresh/frozen) vegetables outside of the (frozen stuff) in cream sauce, fifteen boxes of frozen pizza..... makes me cringe. yeah, genetics plays a part, "situations" play a part, but diet is also a part - I don't judge, I just cringe. my mother worked outside the home all through my elementary and high school years. true, early on she had no choice, the 'everything ready to be nuked' foods didn't exist - but then again, how did she manage? no one in our family died of starvation, so it's obviously possible.

I can remember sampling some of the first Swanson frozen TV dinners when they came out. they were not well received, no question home cooking was better (g)

if you cast a eyeball into the baskets of your fellow shoppers in the supermarket, you'll get a an idea of "what people are eating"

I pretty much fix stuff everything scratch - just don't buy the prepared meals / dishes / sides. true, I have the time & energy to do that, not everyone does, or wants to.

time to time I see an obviously overweight stay at home mom with 2-3 portly kids trundling through the supermarket with a cart filled to the brim with sugar snacks / foods, frozen 'entrees'/dishes of most every sort - your basic "nuke it" diet. no fruits, no (fresh/frozen) vegetables outside of the (frozen stuff) in cream sauce, fifteen boxes of frozen pizza..... makes me cringe. yeah, genetics plays a part, "situations" play a part, but diet is also a part - I don't judge, I just cringe. my mother worked outside the home all through my elementary and high school years. true, early on she had no choice, the 'everything ready to be nuked' foods didn't exist - but then again, how did she manage? no one in our family died of starvation, so it's obviously possible.

I can remember sampling some of the first Swanson frozen TV dinners when they came out. they were not well received, no question home cooking was better (g)

It is really sad the way that diets have shifted. I am sometimes shocked that Sandra Lee's show Semi homemade cooking is even considered cooking. I love cooking and I love sharing healthy food with friends.

One thing I noticed is that baked goods and junk food have the highest number of hits. Have you found that to be true? If so what did you do? I can't bake and eat junk all the time.

Which is why lots of bloggers have changed their format to cover mostly desserts. >.< Sad, isn't it?

Frankly, I use the "No Dessert" filter on Foodgawker when I'm in the mood to look at recipes from blogs. I probably bake a dessert once every six weeks or so and that's it. Desserts just aren't something we need around here. At all.

There are plenty of us are out there looking for real food so don't give up!!!

Zereh said:
Which is why lots of bloggers have changed their format to cover mostly desserts. >.< Sad, isn't it?

Frankly, I use the "No Dessert" filter on Foodgawker when I'm in the mood to look at recipes from blogs. I probably bake a dessert once every six weeks or so and that's it. Desserts just aren't something we need around here. At all.

I agree. Good idea to use the dessert filter.

Thank you for the inspiration. I love baking, but don't love it around my house either. Lately I have taken to baking a sweet in small quantities so that there isn't any lingering leftovers.

I have been writing my blog for about 9 months and have found some interesting things over that time.

Thanks for your help,

Joy

I know, I know...

Go super duper deluxe healthy with the baking and junk food recipes:chef::chef:

Back
Top Bottom