Remoska Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Footsteps to Oxford

Assistant Cook
I have bought a full size Ramoska and think it is a brilliant cooking utensil (as long as you are careful not to burn yourself taking the lid off!) but the cook book that I bought to go with it does not have many recipes in. Do other cooks have any suggestions for their favourite Ramoska Recipes?

:chef:

Wow, I never had heard of Ramoska, let alone a personal experience, so I did a quick search and came up with this... hope this page/site will be helpful to you!!

How did you come to find out about this--but have no recipes? It is an interesting "thing".

You're welcome, footsteps glad to be of some help!!
This reminds me that there may be a lot more to the Czech cuisine than what I have encountered... I was in Prague a couple of times but unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy their food very much... when you actually do some cooking with this item, tell us more about it!

I had never heard of a Ramoska until we bought a caravan and my aunt - who swears by her Ramoska - told me how good it was for cooking in a restricted area. We bought one from Lakeland and also the recipe book. But the recipe book is a little limited. Thanks to the website:Hooray for Home Cooking, recommended by fellow DC member, I tried something new last night. I heated a little oil in a foil dish in the Ramoska - together with some oil around the sides and then put a turkey breast in the foil dish and the par-boiled potatoes around the sides. Voila! An hour later I had roast turkey and roast potatoes. The Ramoska uses so little power that this - in this energy saving climate - is a real bonus (in more ways than one). The only drawback is that the lid - which contains all the heating - is quite heavy and you have to be careful where you place it when you are serving up. Apart from that it really is a brilliant appliance.

www.footstepstooxford.co.uk Discover yourself in 2007!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom