Saturday, Aug. 26th whats on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rascal

Head Chef
We're a day ahead so
Every Saturday wife has bacon n eggs scrambled. Nice and crispy.
Cup of hot choc and me earl grey.
10am so tea is undecided yet, I'm watching replay of overnight game.
All blacks thrashed by south Africa. Foster is a nil coach.

Russ

It's 6:30 pm here. I've got a small rack of baby back pork ribs I'm going to bake in the oven. Got them on sale $1.99 lb! I'll bake low and slow seasoned and wrapped in foil for 2-3 hours, then open and cover with BBQ sauce. I'll broil for 10-15 minutes. Not sure about sides yet. Dinner at 10ish.

Edit: this was Friday night dinner lol.

Last edited:
It's 6:30 pm here. I've got a small rack of baby back pork ribs I'm going to bake in the oven. Got them on sale $1.99 lb! I'll bake low and slow seasoned and wrapped in foil for 2-3 hours, then open and cover with BBQ sauce. I'll broil for 10-15 minutes. Not sure about sides yet. Dinner at 10ish.

I saw some shrooms in the fridge so pizza tonight??

Russ

It's still Friday here (6:41pm) so haven't a clue about Saturday dinner. Tonight, however, we had hamburger steak with onion gravy, mashed potatoes, cucumber sticks, and Stroopwaffel cookies from Holland, via a trip to World Market.

Yeah I'm on Friday as well, oops. It's hard for Russ being a day ahead of us.

Tomorrow 8/26 we're going out to dinner with friends to a place on the lake with a band. They have a good menu I hope hasn't changed. I'll get stuffed peppers to share with everyone and a cheeseburger probably.

@Rascal can change his post title to add the date?

Yeah I'm on Friday as well, oops. It's hard for Russ being a day ahead of us.

Tomorrow 8/26 we're going out to dinner with friends to a place on the lake with a band. They have a good menu I hope hasn't changed. I'll get stuffed peppers to share with everyone and a cheeseburger probably.

@Rascal can change his post title to add the date?

Lmao

Russ

I just added a thread for Friday's dinner. I'll send a message to the admins to request that they add me date to the title of this thread.

:giggle: OK everybody, take note, this is particular thread is for Saturday Aug 26th, 2023.

So whatever date you PERSONALLY happen to BE on, and whatever date you happen to EAT that- hamburger, chicken, pork chop, potato, parsnip, carrot, bee's wax, garbanzo beans or WHAT-EVER!.
for some it will be posted early and for some it will be posted late - I think the idea of a week-end of meals, or during a week-nite - we will be able to understand the circumstances for which it was made... capichi?

Thank you, you're welcome. :unsure::rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:giggle: OK everybody, take note, this is particular thread is for Saturday Aug 26th, 2023.

So whatever date you PERSONALLY happen to BE on, and whatever date you happen to EAT that- hamburger, chicken, pork chop, potato, parsnip, carrot, bee's wax, garbanzo beans or WHAT-EVER!.
for some it will be posted early and for some it will be posted late - I think the idea of a week-end of meals, or during a week-nite - we will be able to understand the circumstances for which it was made... capichi?

Thank you, you're welcome. :unsure::rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hey I don't think it's a bad idea for NZ and Aussue folks (or anywhere else that is a day ahead) to go ahead and start. Then the rest of us can catch up after.

1693010622809.jpeg
I predict Saturday night’s dinner will be a French bread pizza with celery & carrot sticks, blue cheese dressing, and an ice cold Diet Pepsi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom